Thursday, February 9

Beginners Luck

Nice to be back blogging. Gosh I'd almost forgot how to load a picture....I had been using my iPad, but blogger doesn't seem to like my iPad, so here I am.

This lovely scrappy quilt design is by Nancy Mahoney form her book "Treasures from the '30's". Great book, so many gorgeous scrappy designs I had trouble choosing which one to do.... I think this one is a good start. In the book it's done in 1930 fabrics, but I thought it would be equally as beautiful in my civil war repros.
I hope you'll enjoy following it's progress.

Julia

10 comments:

  1. What a great pattern. I'm going to enjoy watching this one grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see another post. Your quilt is coming together very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great block!

    As for blog posting from an iPad, you might take a look at the BlogPress app. I use it on iPhone and iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is coming right along. Still interested to know if you are appliqueing the quarter circles down, or if they are attached with a curved seam. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you back in action, Julia! This is indeed a great project. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really, really like these blocks. They look quite complicated.

    Blogger doesn't like my iPad either. I can insert a photo and save to a draft, but if I try to type it shuts down. But I installed Chrome on my iPad and use that sometimes. Or I just upload the photo draft and then write the actual post on my laptop later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I've cut myself off from buying books/patterns, but I'm really tempted with this pattern. CW repros are my fav, great fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful pattern and pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pattern, very different to anything I have seen before. I might have to see if I can get this book at the library!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥