Tuesday, August 2

I Spy finished, and a new project.



I had fun quilting this I Spy quilt.
Each four patch block is quilted differently. I thought this was a great quilt to try out the rulers that I've had but been too scared to use.


If I could just control the ruler better, less slipping, I think I could get to love them more. ...like everything it's all about practice.   Clam shells and waves were fun to do.

Outlining the smiling hearts adds a fun touch too..... But think our little fella will love this play on quilt...๐Ÿ’•

Back to my beautiful CW fabrics for this new project. I saw this quilt block in a book, but no template patterns, so I made my own on my EQ7 . I wasn't sure about the melon background fabric, a little too big / busy maybe....... but I'm really trying not to buy any fabric. The think it will work overall.

It's very cold here...Hope your warm and cosy or nice and cool wherever you are.
Have a lovely week....

Hugs Julia ๐Ÿ’•

3 comments:

  1. I love the layout of that eye spy quilt. Nice to see some close ups of your quilting. I have seen some people wear gloves when quilting with rulers on their sit down machines, also have you tried some double sided tape on the base of your rulers? You can buy special tape just for this purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ciao Julia! รจ semplicemente favoloso, complimenti per l'impegno :)
    ti seguo come follower :) ciao
    http://desiderichic.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The melons are beautiful. I really like your choice of the background fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥