Monday, January 25

Vintage Lace....update


I'm posting this from my iPad....so I hope you'll  be able too see all the blocks.
It's a lot on fun trying to be creative and keep everything balanced.....the balance between the light and darker shades is proving to be the biggest challenge.
Tea dying some for different shades.....it's amazing how different they end up.


I'm going to do the blocks in strips....a little pintuck to divide the strip into blocks, this will cut down on having too many individual blocks to join together.
Here's a strip of blocks with laces and trims I'm auditioning....so far looks good to me.


Here's another at the side...pinned ready to play on Susie...
It's a lot of work,but I'm loving it...

Hope you're having some creative fun too. 
Take care wherever you are.....what with snow storms, fires, and bad weather going on....my thoughts are with you...

Hugs Julia 💕

16 comments:

  1. Your blocks are so pretty! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julia. They are coming together beautifully....sew nice you are enjoying doing them..XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia its looking fabulous. They are looking lovely the way you are putting them together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy scrummy! I see feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Julia♥
    oh my goodness, these all look so good together... can't wait to see what you do with quilting!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful quilt this will make; love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am excited to see this one coming together. I love all the beautiful textures. Your effort is paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea. I think I have a bag of doilies somewhere that need this kind of treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's all about the process, and it's beautiful! Such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So wonderfully vintage looking--like something you would find in your grandmother's trunk! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to use the lace pieces. One thing I especially like about what you're doing is how you've kept the angles at 45 or 90 degrees, as opposed to having odd angles. The way you're putting the lace on the blocks looks great!
    Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative project. Lovely results so far.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply stunning! I found you through Lori's Humble Quilts blog and I'm glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sew happy I found you thru Lori as well, great inspiration for the stash of old linens collected over the years. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is looking gorgeous Julia as I knew it would be.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥