Wednesday, January 13

Vintage Lace..update..

I haven't had much time to work on my Vintage lace blocks, but here's a little update on what I have done so far....
 
 I'm loving playing / creating these blocks.... each one is a little challenge on it's own...but fun!
 I'm thinking of adding some smaller  occasional  blocks so that it's not all lined up into rows and too uniform..
Here's a closer look....can you tell I love playing with feathers....ok. I'm never going to create beautiful free motion feathers with all the styling that some quilters do, but I'm happy with what I can do....and Susie is getting played with.
 
off to play again today....have a lovely sewing day...♥
 

7 comments:

  1. going to be super pretty. Great place to practice your feathers as your blocks aren't too big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like this is way too much fun! Your idea for varying the block size sounds good, but I don't know what you mean about your feathers. They look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your vintage lace blocks...You will get plenty of practice with the lovely FMQ feathers... Keep having fun playing with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your feathers on the lovely vintage blocks look great.. Enjoy Julia....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure that you could do fancier feathers if you wanted to, you just need more space on the block! Since it's QAYG, why not try a block or two, and if it doesn't work, no damage done. This seems like the perfect project to play and try new things. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful work Julia. Look forward to seeing the next progress post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your feathers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥