Tuesday, January 5

Vintage Lace Elegance...

This is my inspiration for my new project....
Found on Pinterest....it's was love at first sight....from what I could find out about this gorgeous quilt, is that it was made by a lady here in N.S.W......and was offered for sale as a kit....not sure when...

I thought, what a great way to use up all the laces and motifs I have from my CQ days....also some hankies and serviettes that I've had forever but never used...

I'm going to keep my quilt as neutral as I can.....just creams, off whites and tea dyed pieces for contrast and vintage charm....

I've done some blocks already, even joined some in the Quilt as You Go method.....only way to go with a big quilt...
Here's a couple of blocks for you to see.....


A little bit of candlewick stitching may also be added here and there...

It's so wonderful to be inspired again after a long time of no motivation whatsoever....and this is for me....and yes sweet Susie and I are friends again... 

Thanks for popping by, I hope it inspires you to start something new and different...

Hugs Julia.....💕



9 comments:

  1. This is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to be very elegant.. Have fun.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks lovely Julia... And a wonderful way of allowing your sewing mojo to kick in again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia I am sew pleased you have your inspiration for sewing back. What a gorgeous quilt you are making out of your treasures...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Julia, I love these "whitework" quilts. QAYG is a great idea for this, too, with all the heavy embellishment. Are you covering the joins with ribbon?

    Very tempting, but I must be strong! I will enjoy seeing yours grow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew all those pins on Pinterest were leading to something beautiful. Lovely to see you so enthusiastic and I can't wait to see your progress.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will be lovely to follow - very delicate and instantly vintage! So nice to repurpose a few treasures too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so pretty, Julia! Oh, my--you and Susie are doing beautiful things together!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! I was just sorting through a box of hankies, doilies, and laces. You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥