Saturday, May 30

Party time....todays scrappy sewing!

I've been wanting to do a Pineapple Quilt for a long time.
 I thought this party time with Chooky would be the perfect incentive to make a start on one and use up some scraps...
 
OK..started early....
Meals, refreshments taken care of for the weekend.....may even take the phone off the hook!
Scraps cut already to go....I printed out some foundation papers to start with...
Oh my. what a fiddly way to do this....what was I thinking,  all for just an eight inch block....this would take forever to make a quilt...there's got to be a better way!
 
Mr. Google to the rescue....I found one to make without papers...yay!
Crazy Mom Quilts has a tutorial on one without papers....
I tried this colour way first....too much background....so..
 
I reversed the background pieces for the CW fabrics and made this one all without papers...
Love it...perfect 14" block...
 
Now, I'm sure you can guess which one I'm going with.
What a difference in size, and so easy...no fiddly papers to remove....and think about all the scraps that I'll get to use up...
It will take so much less sewing and less blocks to have a beautiful Pineapple Quilt..
 
Hope your enjoying the party... can't wait to see what everyone is doing.....
 
 

6 comments:

  1. wow ggreat use of the scraps.............beautiful blocks..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is on my wish list Julia and I know for certain you will whip it up in no time and it will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on my bucket list, too. I'll have to check out that method. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks both look great! But I have to agree that I'd never make a big quilt using paper piecing for the pineapple blocks. I'll have to give that tutorial a try one of these days! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I remember seeing Amanda Jean's tutorial a while ago. I really don't like removing those pesky papers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥