Wednesday, May 13

Moving along nicely....DD's quilt..

Adding the borders now... The hexie flowers are all made and ready to add to the borders....
...but first I had to add these corner stones and floral strips....
The pattern calls for the corner stone to go on facing different ways, giving the illusion that they are spinning.....like above and below...
Tried it and didn't like it
....nup, sorry it didn't sit well with me, just didn't look right....I had to have them symmetrical...
So I made them all facing outwards. I know it gives it a one way direction of up and down or sideways, but that sits better for me... 
Red border added, now to make the EPP arches for the next border. The hex flowers go on the last border.
 
Enjoy the rest of the week, we are having lovely sunny days almost spring like weather after cool starts to the mornings....
 
Stay safe, ....♥

7 comments:

  1. Hello Julia

    It does look better the way you put it. Good luck with the rest of the quilt. The day's have been lovely but I could easily leave out the cold night temps but it is lovely to snuggle under the doona.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming along beautifully! I would have had to fix those corners, too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, after all it is your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the cornerstones. Much better to have them symmetrical! You are moving along very quickly with this quilt and it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your cornerstone placements, makes sense to me! Lucky you the weather is cold here in western Victoria...mind you its the perfect excuse to ignore the gardening and just sew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Growing beautifully. Wow that red border really has a striking effect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥