Wednesday, January 7

Welcome 2015......

Well it's been exactly one month to the day that I last posted.... I thought it was time to come back into the fold.....
2014 was a year of many ups and downs.....and so I welcome 2015 with great anticipation of a great new year.
New enthusiasm , new beginnings, new projects..
I didn't really do much in the last month, but I did quilt this Spinning Star quilt on Sweet Susie....yes we are still friends, I hope to have many happy times together this new year..
Nothing too spectacular....my easy loops and leaves all over FMQ.....
 

......but I have been learning to turn a corner with my feathers.....the feathers are coming together much easier now....which is great.....♥  
A few hexies in the evenings....TV has been so boring lately...
...the hexies will eventually be made into placemats.....
What I am really excited about starting soon is FMQ on doilies...
I have purchased a Cindy Needham online craftsy class ....after seeing what  amazing work a quilting friend did  with Cindy's class, I just had to give it a go...
You inspired me Ainslie....thank you.

Above and below is a picture of a pair of pillow shams that belonged to my mother.....beautiful, very old, about 80 +
years old.
 
 
The motif  on the shams is a bit hard to see, but it looks like two angels riding on something.
With Cindy's class help I'm going to try and FMQ them and see if I can make the sham flaps pop!
 
 
I also have this cross-stitched table cloth, that was my mothers.....this too is what Cindy FMQ in her class.
It will be quite a challenge, but I'm looking forward to having a play with these and some old doilies  that I have .....you know those Battenberg lace ones that are so hard to iron after they have been washed....
 
Enjoy the rest of the week...

12 comments:

  1. Happy New Year dear Julia.
    Lovely quilt finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have started the New Year with some very definite plans. I have learnt some very useful things from some of those Craftsy classes.
    Good luck with your FMQ and have a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to catch up with you again, Julia!
    Kudos to you for your feathering skills! Doesn't that feel good? : )
    Beautiful fussy-cutting on the hexie placemats.
    You have some lovely treasures that belonged to your mother. Did she make any of them? Can't wait to see what you learn to do with them in Cindy's class.
    Wishing you a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Julia.

    Lovely quilting you did on Susie..

    I also am looking forward to what you do with your Mums beautiful treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back. I will look forward to seeing the quilting on these lovely heirloom pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HELLO!!! Your feathers are looking awesome! I did two of Cindy's craftsy classes they are awesome...........have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia & happy new year!
    Great work on Susie, and I'm sure you'll do just fine with your online class.
    Happy 2015 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Julia. I hope 2015 a good year for all of us, love the new heirloom project, see you at quilt group.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice to see how you're challenging yourself to learn something new, and apply it to something old and special. Glad to know you and your quilting machine are spending time together, and it's even better knowing you've seen your own FMQ improvement. Have a good time with this class!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year to You Julia..
    Your Feathers are Beautiful Go You!! Hope 2015 brings you what you Wish For
    Take Care
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia. Happy New Year! I like your spinning star block on your quilt. Is that a 9 patch base? Your FMQ is looking great, particularly your feathers in the corner. And your soon-to-be-placemats look great too. Cheers, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia. Happy New Year! I like your spinning star block on your quilt. Is that a 9 patch base? Your FMQ is looking great, particularly your feathers in the corner. And your soon-to-be-placemats look great too. Cheers, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥