Wednesday, January 28

Scrappy Whatever!...for want of a better name...

I can't think of a name for this table topper...so it's name is Scrappy Whatever!
I started out making two scrappy quilt tops, a scrappy pinwheel, and a scrappy periwinkle....
....but seeing them as UFO's for so long I decided to put the two together and see if I can save them from being UFO's forever...
To be honest I didn't like the process of piecing the periwinkles together...way to fiddly for me.
I was not enjoying the process, so it was not fun.... time to make some changes...
I pieced together all the pinwheels... removed the papers from the back of the periwinkles and will fuse them on around the border...then I'll have a go at machine appliqueing around them.
I don't know why that first one looks smaller than the others....I hope it's just the angle of the camera shot...must check!
 
Stay safe where ever you are...♥
 

9 comments:

  1. Nice table topper Julia. Scrappy's always looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Julie. Hope to see you at the Perth bloggers get together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry my bad, meant to be an a and not an e. Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice way to consolidate two UFOs into one finish.
    Even if the one periwinkle is a tad smaller, once they are all on I wouldn't think it would be that noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think these two scrap projects compliment each other perfectly. And what a great way to practise some machine applique...with plenty of empty space still for some of your lovely quilting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely. I had to make periwinkles last year, by machine, for a quilt & never want to make them again as nice as they look. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I like the table topper very much. I think adding the periwinkle stars in the border will be well worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julia, what a great way to stop the pieces being ufo's, it will be a lovely topper.
    See you next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥