Saturday, November 22

This and that....

Not a lot to write about really, because my dear Pfaff Grand Quilter is away getting a check over....she just stopped sewing....oh dear, I don't think I over worked her.
So the sewing I had planned to do is not happening...
I miss her so much, I think I have withdrawal symptoms.....you know the feeling.
She is my favourite machine to use, I miss the scissor button the most.
My Husqvarna, as faithful and reliable as she is doesn't have the scissor button....such a small ,little button that makes all the difference when piecing lots of blocks....
 
So in the meantime, I'm trying to use up some scraps and fill in  sewing time making these table place mats.......those scraps just seem to multiply, every time I look at them there's more!
Here's a lovely quilt I made some time ago.....Oh dear no label...I did it again!
Called Confetti, simple blocks with a Suffolk Puff appliqu├ęd in each block...
Nice and colourful in 1930's fabrics....great quilt for a little one or even a teenager...a ruffled edge around the quilt finishes it off and gives it that something different charm......
 
Have a great weekend......my thoughts go out to those who maybe snowed in.
My DGD is leaving here for the states today....A white Christmas is what she is looking forward to, and it looks like it will be a very big white Christmas...
 
Stay safe......

6 comments:

  1. What fabulous tablemats, did you not know scraps breed when we are not looking! Love the suffolk puff quilt too, so cheerful, as you say perfect for a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is a Suffolk Puff what is also known as a Yo-Yo? : )
    It is a very fun quilt.
    Love the placemats--what a cool way to use hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It awful when your favorite machine is sick....
    Love the use of your scraps..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel lost when my machine is being serviced! I love the place mats you made with hexagons (my favourite shape for sure)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea - placemats to use up scraps! Thanks for the tip, yours look great. I love the yo-yos on your quilt, assume you sew them on after you have quilted?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to know about the problem with your Pfaff Grand Quilter. That's an odd thing to happen. You know, I do all my FMQing on the same machine... and I NEVER use the scissor cutter button! :-) I find it cuts too close and then I have to use tweezers to dig the thread tails out of the feed dogs. Hope you get your machine back soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥