Thursday, November 6

New Project...tiger quilt...

There's nothing like a new project to get the creative mind flowing and feeling energized again...
A dear patchwork friend gifted  me this lovely tiger fabric....and I have a dear GD that loves tigers, she is studying Zoology at Uni, her dream is to work with the big cats,,,, I know she would love a tiger quilt...
I separated the tiger block pieces, and thought log cabins would look great with them as borders and in between the smaller tiger head pieces, to pull it all together... 
I've pieced the log cabins in the browns, tans and the greens....they go so well with all the colours in the fabric...The quilt as is will be long enough, but I do need to make it wider for it to be a good lap size quilt.
I have never been really fond of batiks, for fear of dyes running, but I tested the green piece I bought for the borders...and I was pleasantly surprised to find no colour came out at all...yay.
I think it looks perfect, gives a nice contrast between the tiger blocks and the log cabins.
 
These two other tiger heads blocks, I will make up into cushions...
 
Off to piece some more log cabins....
Until next time....take care....♥

5 comments:

  1. Your log cabin blocks are a marvelous compliment to the panel of tigers. Sounds like the quilt is a perfect fit for your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the tiger panels. This will be a fabulous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be a very special quilt. I like how you have used those log cabin blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What awesome fabric Julia! I love tigers and would quite happily be the recipient of such a quilt. I like your design and colours. It will look wonderful when finished. Cheers, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your granddaughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥