Saturday, October 25

New project...Hidden Stars..

A change is as good as a holiday....well not quite...
....But I really felt the need to start something new...I'm going to piece this lovely all from my stash...
...not sure it'll be as big as the original that I found in a folder I have named..."To do " ....so I'll just keep going till I run out of these fabrics....
Oh dear...I really need to get a better design wall!
I'm calling it "Hidden Stars"....sorry this picture is so fuzzy..
Not my design....This is one I tore out of a book some time ago, so I'm sorry I can't give a link to it's publication.
The blocks are 9"....what I love are the alternate blocks that end up looking  like a fancy on point sashing.
Makes a nice change to sit and piece one that goes together so easily....I'm taking a break from my Lone Star, which is still at the quilting stage.
 
Have a wonderful weekend....

7 comments:

  1. Have fun putting those lovely blocks together Julia.

    Have you finished the wedding quilt??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty, Julia. I love chains as alternate blocks. It is such a nice frame to the other piecing.
    I can understand how refreshing this must be after the challenge of the Lone Star! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely pattern, how clever of you to have the right coloured fabrics on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be such a pretty quilt! I love the alternating blocks and the effect that this creates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice change of pace. It will be nice watching this one grow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just pinned your pictures of this quilt because I LOVE the way the 2 blocks combine to make a lovely design! I think I'll use 2 1/2" strips to make 12" blocks. Ruth in FL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥