Thursday, September 25

Lone Star....nearly a star!

Just taking a break from piecing the Lone Star.......Getting there....
I must admit, this takes a lot of concentration,   it's a struggle at times to make sure I cut the diamonds the right way...
From another angle.....slowly, slowly it's taking shape.
It will be stunning....
 
 
My first blooms for spring.....a beautiful David Austin rose....
....and a piece of fabric a dear friend gave me.....just perfect for a DGD who is studying Zoology at Uni, and  whose dream is to work with the big cats...

6 comments:

  1. Your Lone star looks great so far. And I love the quilt with the tiger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful. When it is finished you can marvel at what a masterpiece you made (but then, you have already made several)!
    What gorgeous roses!
    I think your DGD will be very pleased with a quilt from that panel. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your star is going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That star is quite a commitment but it is getting bigger. Those roses are lovely and I do hope that they have a beautiful perfume.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that concentration is paying off - your lone star is very attractive. I like that you are using strong, saturated colours! It is going to be a very dramatic quilt when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, I'm not blogging as much as I used to, due to busyness on the home front (all good!)but I keep an eye on my longtime favourite blogs now and then. I always enjoy seeing what you are working on. The tiger fabric is stunning! I am looking forward to seeing what you do with that, as I have a similar panel of Japanese themed fabric and I'm at a loss to know how best to use it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥