Sunday, August 31

New Challenge......New quilt.

Well I thought the last quilt was a challenge...
 
 
 
 
How about this one....this one will really test me and my patience.
It will be a stunning unique quilt for my Grandson and fiancé .
Wedding is not till next year in April, but I thought I had better start now.....just in case I strike trouble!
It took me a while just to find the right colours. The background which is hard to make out here...is a light grey with a darker grey spot.
It will be quite a big Lone Star, with blocks around it...not sure yet, what the blocks will be.
Incase I'm missing in action for a while ....this is what I'll be working on..

I hope you will pop in from time to time to see how it's going and keep me encouraged...
 
Have a great weekend....♥
 
 

 
 

14 comments:

  1. I will certainly encourage you Julia because I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a good feeling to start a new quilt, and you're sure getting a head start with this one. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, will be sure to keep checking in on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An ambitious project but I know you will do well. The gray fabric is a nice choice. It has some depth of color to it here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can count on me popping back to see your progress. Looks good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Julia,

    You certainly choose patterns that the rest of us would leave. Your Grandson and his future wife will have the most exquisite quilt.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We certainly hope you won't be MIA too often, because it's a joy following your journeys, Julia. This is definitely another challenge, but you'll be up for the task, and you'll be done in plenty of time with a smile on your face. Best of luck, and enjoy the fun!
    I'm sure all the quilts for your family members are appreciated and much loved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so impressed with how you tackle quilts that are not for the faint of heart! This is a pattern that I have always admired--and avoided. : )
    Good for you to take it on. It is going to be beautiful, I can tell!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like it will be a wonderful quilt Julia. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like it will be a wonderful quilt Julia. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one will keep you busy and out of trouble. Look forward to watching it grow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Julia I just love your Star Burst table runner in the previous posts and now you have chosen another real challengeing design.. I definitely do encourage you and I know you are up for the challenge..
    Will enjoy watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia - oh now, this will be a stunner, and the colours are lovely. I'm sure that you have given yourself enough time to get it all done to your satisfaction. You know I'm always cheering for you when you take on big projects like this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥