Friday, July 25

Vintage Dresden....trapunto!

At last all the border is now quilted...1/2 inch cross-hatching....I thought I would never get around it all. Then it was onto the setting triangles...
I've never done Trapunto work before, but I was so inspired by Janet of Quiltsalott trapunto work on her  award winning quilts, I thought I would give it a go....
The quilting in the setting triangles just needed something to make them stand out...and I think that something was the trapunto work....
I managed to find a similar yarn as to what Janet used at my local Spotlight craft shop....
 
 I struggled a little pulling the eye of the needle through, but I think the effort was well worth it....

As I quilted each setting triangle I also then added the trapunto yarn....as each one came to life it inspired me to go on to the next one.....
I'm a huge fan of Janet's inspiring blog...
Thank you so much Janet for the beautifully written tutorial on the trapunto work......♥

18 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of work but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my......that was such a beautiful quilt, but you have taken it to a new level!! I too love Trapunto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does one say "masterpiece"...
    outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! The trapunto really makes those setting triangles stand out! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia you do such beautiful work.. The trapunto work looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautifully pieced quilt + your delicate hand quilting + something extra, like this trapunto work = a true heirloom and masterpiece. It's a privilege to watch your progress on this beauty, Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilting and trapunto is beautiful. You've really honoured the maker of this vintage top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your work is very beautiful, such a lovely design to match the piecing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful work, Julia, it looks amazing! I would call this boutis, with the yarn cording. But by any name, you can't argue with the result! Great job. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. The trapunto is really elegant. A beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julia your quilt is looking amazing. The trapunto is so beautiful and really makes the quilt pop. Hope all is well for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Julia, this is a very special project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Julia, this is a very special project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilting is wonderful! what an inspiration - such a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, the trapunto looks gorgeous and such a perfect addition to the quilt too. Well done I say and I'm happy you jumped in and gave it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my it is looking beautiful.
    I agree Janet inspires me too
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Find home based jobs of link building, facebook marketing, add marketing, add clicking and much more jobs.
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥