Thursday, July 17

Quilt Show Buys...

This is what I bought from the Sydney quilt show....and not a single fat quarter came home with me.
If I had a quilt in mind I think I would have bought lots of fabric....the fabrics I did see at the show were beautiful, but these lovely patterns will be on my to do list later this year...
I thought this would make a lovely centre medallion piece for a repro quilt...
Can't have too may rulers, one needs a special ruler for certain jobs...
The Bloc-loc rulers will certainly be very handy.....should make trimming those half square triangles easier ....here's a tutorial on them...
I bought two, one for me and one to gift...
As for the Hex N More rulers....I will have to find a tutorial on that....
Sweet pincushion pattern plus ground walnut shells to keep pins and needles sharp.
Ah, yes, just had to have this pattern, I have always wanted to do a machine appliqued William Morris quilt....
Wool pieces for the sweet pear pincushion...
 
♥♥♥
These tiles just popped out at me....could be a great new quilt design....
Some tiles....
 
 
Some of  these tiles were actualy in a fireplace...
...and how gorgeous are these amazing tiles....now I could see these in a quilt...
These were in the beautiful Carrington Hotel built 1880......a link to read it's amazing history...
we had our last dinner there...
These antique plates also came home with me....so pretty
 
Busy day ahead...hope yours is a good one... 

11 comments:

  1. Hello Julia,

    Just your sort of patterns, enjoy making them up. Just LOVE those plates you bought, they are just so lovely, can imagine you enjoying a cuppa with your friends with these.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia, So happy you were able to attend and bring home these lovely goodies!!! You will enjoy these items for a long time. I also love the dishes. Wishing you a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is so neat that you got on your trip. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. You chose some beautiful patterns!
    I love my bloc-loc rulers. I just have the two smallest sizes.
    What pretty plates. Is this a pattern you have been collecting, or did these just grab you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of fun goodies Julia. Hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such yummy goodies!The crushed walnut shells are great for pincushions

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always entertained and just a wee bit envious when I see the goodies someone brought home from a show or shopping trip. You've tipped the scale for one of the best "hauls" I've ever seen. Fantastic purchases, Julia.
    Like Janet (comment above), I love my bloc-loc rulers and use them often. Wise purchase!
    The next time I'm in Australia (don't hold your breath), may I come visit so we can have a bite of something served on those plates? They take my breath away, and I'm not kidding. What a special find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have admired the Postcards From the Past pattern many times. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great trip you had! Love your purchases, especially the applique pattern. Green about the walnut shells as I cannot find them here in Adelaide, but really I don't need anymore pincushions...just like I don't need any more quilts, but it doesn't stop me! I have been promising to go to the Sydney quilt show for two years, but definitely on my list for next year. Enjoy your new rulers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great trip you had! Love your purchases, especially the applique pattern. Green about the walnut shells as I cannot find them here in Adelaide, but really I don't need anymore pincushions...just like I don't need any more quilts, but it doesn't stop me! I have been promising to go to the Sydney quilt show for two years, but definitely on my list for next year. Enjoy your new rulers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pattern you chose for a possible centre in a medallion quilt! Then pears are lovely, I am very fortunate to live in Bathurst and have Hatched and Patched shop, The Home Patch, as my LQS. It is always brimming with temptations, patterns ,fabrics and nic nacs!
    I will look forward to seeing what you do with all your buys, those rulers look like they will be a very useful addition. Cheers, Rowena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥