Sunday, June 22

Disappearing Pinwheels...

With some sashing and borders, I think I finally have enough disappearing pinwheels for a good size lap quilt....
I may need to juggle the blocks around a bit, that one bright block second row, second from the left needs to move.  That's the first block that I pieced and turned out spinning the wrong way to the others....there's always one isn't there that likes to stand out from the others.....smile!.
The blocks are 10" square, so a nice size.....now to audition some borders and sashing....♥
 
 
I love this Broken Star ....
It's one of Henry Glass free patterns....have you been over to see what an amazing lot of free patterns are on offer....it's a big 90" x 90" quilt top.....I think it's the colours that caught my eye first, this could be the one for the second wedding quilt.....it's one of many to think about!
 
Have a wonderful Sunday....wet and drab here, good day to stay in and sew...

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks, it will make an awesome quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to make some of those blocks--loving them!!
    That is another ambitious pattern for the other wedding quilt. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look great Julia, even the bright one of reverse-spin!
    The Henry Glass pattern is amazing, you definitely have the skills to make it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those Disappearing pins... Wouldn't have noticed the reverse one if you hadn't pointed it put..
    Have fun with the Henry Glass pattern

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your disappearing pinwheels will make a warm and colourful lap quilt to enjoy during winter. Those blocks must sew up quite quickly?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it a great pattern and clever too. Well done Julia.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥