Monday, May 26

This and that,,,stuff...


 Well the show has been and gone....I caught up with some blogging friends, we sat and chatted, had coffee and then made our way to see what was on offer at the show.
We all have different tastes in style and designs so we parted to explore the show on our own.....arranging to meet up for lunch later...
Anthea of Hibiscus Stitches has a lovely group photo of us...

The first thing I did at the show was make a bee-line to the quilt exhibition to see Janet's Best in Australia Rings and Roses quilt...
I have loved and been in awe of this quilt ever since I first saw it on  Janet's blog...♥
Blogger is not being nice today....must have the Monday Blues! 
Sorry this picture is sideways....blogger will not co-operate today..
This is about all I bought at the show, some threads, tiny tumbler English paper piecing papers, and a Clover Thread Pick that I haven't been able to buy here...oh and some batting. My patchwork group friends will smile and think why?    We can get it through our group....it was a good buy!
I also spent some time at the Sweet Sixteen stand...I just love to watch and see how easy it looks when someone else is doing the quilting...I also .picked up a few more tips.
Back home and onto the Disappearing Pinwheels.....I just love making these blocks, whoever came up with the design and worked out this easy way of piecing this block is a genius ...
Now which way to set them...on point or....
 
....straight on...
 
....here's some more cut and being pieced...

Hope your Monday is all you want it to be.....♥

14 comments:

  1. Hello Julia, Sounds like a delightful show. I know you enjoyed lunch with your friends.

    We moved on Wednesday. Thursday we put our last home on the market to sell and today we got word that we have a contract. We are very happy and thankful.

    God bless your week. Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the show and meeting up with friends. I see you have the double wedding ring pieced - it's beautiful! I hadn't seen the pinwheel churn dash - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE the DWR quilt, gee you must feel like where ever you go there are DWR quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is jaw-dropping beautiful! Sounds like you had a great time!
    I'm seeing those pinwheel churndash blocks everywhere I turn. Trying not to drop everything and make them! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must meet up again soon as it was sew nice to sit and chat..
    Love those blocks too Julia.. Nice fabrics you are using..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to meet you Julia. I had such a great time at the show and cant wait for our next get together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful Rings and Roses quilt!
    And I'm so in love with your gorgeous churndash/phinwheel blocks!! WoW! So cute!!
    Enjoy your Monday, love from the Netherlands, Ria.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your lovely words on my quilt. I'm glad you found some nice things to buy. I'm loving the pinwheel blocks, they're really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you've had a ball...new toys, new ideas and catching up with folk...perfect. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia - it was so good to see you again! And yes that quilt is a real stunner - I stood for a bit just to look at it too...
    Your Churn Dash are coming along quickly, I do love the pretty pinwheel in the middle.
    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a great show Julia, I meant to go back on Saturday to catch up with the coffee crowd but some days things just go wrong, never mind, maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was quite taken with the disappearing pinwheels, a very clever idea. The Rings and Roses quilt is beautiful, love the way the colours fade in and out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How special it would be to know the creator of such a dramatic and award-winning quilt. Seeing Janet's quilt honored at the show much have been quite a thrill.
    I simply MUST make some of those churndash-pinwheel blocks. You're creating them so quickly that I have to join in the fun.
    Thanks for all the inspiration you pass on to us, Julia, whether it's shows or friends' projects or your wonderful projects. It's always a joy to visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Find best Home based Business without any work, just invest and rest with your profit
    EarningsClub.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥