Thursday, May 29

Dresdens ...Churndash, Pinwheels ....love them!

Going to the quilt  show last week has inspired me to get back to my hand-quilting on my lovely Vintage Dresden...
We are just two days off from the beginning of winter, the weather has cooled down a lot, though not as cold as this time last year. So I thought it was time to get back to hand-quilting and get this pretty finished, a perfect winter project........I just love this quilt!!
Isn't this so pretty....
...and this.
Hand-quilting soothes the soul, get lost in the flow of the stitches....forget about everything else and just  quilt......♥
 
I really need to get a design wall....this just does not cut it.
13 on the door and....
5 on the floor....
 
Hope your having a great week....we have had so much rain, we need it, but I would love to see some sun now!!
Take care...
 

10 comments:

  1. So happy to see this quilt again! You are doing a beautiful job with the quilting!
    Those churn dash/pinwheel blocks are really starting to pile up. Do you have a final setting in mind for them? Have any idea how many you will make? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dresdens and your quilting design is so beautiful.
    Are you going to make other sizes of the disappearing pinwheels? I am thinking it would be fun to try some in multiple sizes. I need another project like a hole in the head, but they are so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not surprised you love the dresden quilt - it is so beautiful and your quilting is lovely!! The churndashes are a great block too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty Dresdan quilt and I love your hand quilting.
    LOL yep you do a design to put the lovely churn dashes on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Dresdens are indeed very pretty and your quilting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Vintage Dresden is beautiful and worth every stitch invested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think all your projects turn out pretty Julia and I too am in awe of Janet's amazing prize winning quilt. I think we should start her fan club.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty quilt, I love Dresden plate quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Find best Home based Business without any work, just invest and rest with your profit
    EarningsClub.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥