Wednesday, April 16

Found at my front Door..

Look what was waiting for me at my front door yesterday....It was like finding a rare treasure at my front door...
Old quilting books dating back to the 1980's....
A dear patchwork friend had told me  she had some old quilt patterns that she thought I might like, and would drop them off to me one day ....but oh my gosh....this is a treasure of old quilting books.
Just a quick look through them I can see several that I would love to make....
These ones on the cover stood out and spoke to me first off...look, this one  is a 10th Anniversary issue...
Doesn't this one look very modern.....how would this one go in Kaffe fabrics....perhaps in 1930's or CW fabrics for me...
Can you see the price ticket on the mag...a whole $5.50
...and this one is stunning....
I'm sure there are a lot more in the mags that I will love to make...
 
Well, these will keep me busy for a long long time, that's for sure.
 
Thank you Margaret...I love and appreciate these so much...
 
Have a wonderful day.....♥

14 comments:

  1. What a treasure trove! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia,

    Enjoy those magazines from your friend. My sister sent me some a while back she managed to pick up in her local op shop.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely a great find at the front door...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! I love old needlework books. I have quite a library of knit and crochet books that I treasure. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time with your "new" old books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a delightful bundle of inspiration! There are some real beauties there. Lucky you!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that about life......so many wonderful things & of course people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great find. Enjoy, they look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice treat! We have a freebie table at our Guild where members can drop off books, magazines, fabric scraps and all sorts. Members can help themselves to what is on the table. It is so much fun to go through old magazines. There's always lots of interesting things to read about and lovely quilts to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How kind of your friend : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Going through someone else's old magazines is a favorite pasttime of mine. Looks like you have a great collection to look through. Enjoy! Some of those QNL covers just make my heart beat faster. Unfortunately the patterns sometimes are not available in the issue, but at least they're enjoyable to see.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of quilt dreaming in those books, huh Julia? My SIL gave me stacks and stack of similar magazines. I looked through a few and decided to donate them to the textile center library where our modern quilt guild meets. I just don't have room to keep them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Wow, what fun!! What a neat surprise!!
    Be careful you don't waste a whole week pouring over them….that is what would happen to me!! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! You hit the mother lode. I wouldn't have surfaced for days!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥