Tuesday, March 18

New Projects....Broken dishes...Wedding quilt.

I saw and fell in love with a Broken Dishes quilt top on "Quilts in the Barn"....
 
Perfect for my  stash of repro CW fabrics....
Here are a few little block piles of cut fabrics ready to piece as time permits ...I think this will be a work in progress, while I also work on something more important and special!
 
A Wedding Quilt....
 
With two Grandkids getting married this time next year.
I think it's about time for me to get serious and start on the wedding quilts...
They will be two very different quilts..... For DGD... traditional.
DGD...loves traditional, and I think a DWR is as traditional as any can be.
I was told she loves blue...Donna Hay blue no less, now what is that blue?....I just hope I chose the right blues.....and...
For  DGS  quirky / modern.....yes modern, way out of my comfort zone, but once I find the right design....I can do it!
Our local fabric shop was having a store wide 30 % sale...the above blue line were on sale for $8 metre then another 30% off...... just too good to pass up.
Then still at 30% off I also bought the backing, which is a lovely white on white paisley print, and the crisp white muslin for the top backgrounds....the blue rings should look beautiful against the white background.
 
So, busy, busy I will be.....I'm on a mission!.....♥

7 comments:

  1. What luck to find all those fabrics on special. I don't know "Donna Hay" blue but they do look lovely together. You are going to be one busy lady. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Broken Dishes quilt is right up my alley! I know I'm going to love this one!
    Donna Hay blue? Never heard of it. : )
    A DWR--what a lucky granddaughter! It will be lovely in those fabrics!
    Sounds like you chose the right time to buy fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish I had been given a Wedding Quilt when I got married - such a wonderful, special gift. Be sure to show us when it's done. xCathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blues are beautiful. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. You certainly won't have to worry about "what to do" with all these quilts on your plate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to be able to make two completely different types of quilts for them. Your gift will be treasured for a lifetime. I know every stitch will be made with love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy indeed Julia - they are gorgeous fabrics & the DWR design will do them justice... especially because your sewing is so good!! Happy piecing!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. There will be no stopping you when you are on a mission. Sounds like you took great advantage of the sale fabric.have fun with all three projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥