Saturday, March 1

Fabulous Friday.....Love at first sight!

Yes it was love at first sight...
 
What a fabulous day yesterday was, I met up with Anthea and Maria at a local quilt show that The Rockingham quilters organized. While the exhibition of quilts is not as big as their past shows it was full of beautiful quilts and inspirations....
The minute I saw the above quilt....it was love at fist sight, yes that's my next big project.
Very me...lots of repro fabrics, needle turn applique, foundation pieced centre....I have never done a foundation pieced compass design before....this will be a first for me.
This design has that bit of  everything.
Karen ( no blog), waving to you..... Karen did amazing awesome work on this quilt.....show quality for sure.
The design and pattern is by Chris Jurd, a wonderful talented Aussie quilter.
 
 
Here we are enjoying some lunch at the Dome café....it was just going to be for coffee, but once we got chatting we decided to do lunch!
Anthea on the left... me having a bad hair day.. and dear Maria. 
Thank you girls for a great meet up, hope it's not too long before we do it again...
 
Have a great weekend and keep stitching.....♥
 

14 comments:

  1. I can see why it was love at first sight! What a stunning quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt. Don't blame you for falling in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a gorgeous quilt. Love the applique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an incredible quilt, Julia! I admire your courage to tackle it!
    Foundation piecing is definitely the way to assemble a center like that. It was confusing to me at first, but it gets easier as you work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that quilt is so you. I only wish I could tackle such a quilt. It will be fun to watch your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just one more thing. I went over to Chris Jurd's blog and loved it. She is an awesome designer. Thank you for pointing me in her direction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an amazing quilt!! I can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey i'm working on the centre of that design..........one day I will get back to it.........loved working on it when it was happening though.........you'll probably start and finish one before I get back to mine............
    glad you had the day out with the girls.............

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia - it was so great to see you again - and of course you will do a wonderful job of that quilt - thank you for your guidance re my block layout... xx
    And yes we will be getting together again soon... May, if not before! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the quilt and I am looking forward to seeing make yours..
    Loved meeting up with Anthea and you . Had a loving time but not long enough. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow great quilt, but a design that will keep you on your toes for hours to come, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a stunner, Julia. It should keep you busy for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great to see you with Maria, I was at the retreat with her too. It is lovely to meet with fellow bloggers and I hope we can meet up one day too. Maybe next year?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥