Wednesday, February 19

Still here.....just not alot of sewing going on...

Just not a lot of sewing going on just now....I'm trying to get some work done around the house and yard.
Can you believe I actually sanded back my two front doors and re-varnished them.....so proud of myself!
 
.....so I'd like to share this stunning beauty with you.
It belongs to Bep in my local patchwork group, done in the Quilt-as-you go method.  Not quite finished yet,  Bep still had one side to add a border and the prairie points.
The embroidered blocks are machine embroidered.....love how the touches of red in the fabric picks up and ties it all together....beautiful!
 
 
Yep...still working on the dollies arms....oh my, so many arms! 
More than 3/4's of the way around now.....getting there!
 
Have a great day.....♥

7 comments:

  1. Both quilts are gorgeous. I so envy you folks who have the patience to do such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that black and white quilt is stunning. And I'm really liking your dancing dollies. Are they your own design?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very striking black/white quilt--especially with the touches of red.
    Oh, those dollies must be so happy to be getting their arms. Looking really good, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow sanding and varnishing two doors instead of quilting? I am impressed! Its nice to do something different for a change, I do like sanding, but only with a electric sander I have to confess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Julia's Home Show!! She is a jill-of-all-trades!!
    Well done on the doors Julia, and please be sure to tell Bep her work is amazing.
    Great progress on the dolly arms, you will have them done soon I'm sure x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soon be done Julia and well done Bep for her impressive quilt. Well done on the handiwork. I am sure the doors look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Julia,

    I see you have a guest spot on Better Homes and Garden this week, well done. Lovely work from your friend and you as usual.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥