Sunday, February 2

My three Dollie quilts.....

Here we are into February 2014 already......before we know it, it will be Easter.
As I'm still working on Dancing Nine Patch / Dollies.....I thought I would share with you my other Dollies quilts....see how my taste in fabrics have changed over the years. Also design styles....
This first Dancing Dollies quilt I made back in 2001.....13 year ago.......really doesn't seem that long ago! 
If I remember rightly, it was  published in Aussie Patchwork and Quilting books in 3-4 stages...
These Dollies arms are just bias strips joined together holding a button....
Mostly Debbie Mumm fabrics......at that time I was into the more country quilts style.  Still love them but just not as much now as my passion for repro fabrics....
...then this pretty quilt, that I have posted about before......yes they are in those rose fabrics I've been trying to use up..
All hand-quilted......naughty me has not put a label on it. I think I made this one about 3-4 years ago....not sure.
Note to myself......label all quilts as they are finished...
......and this one that I'm working on now....
Those arms are taking a lot of time to do, I'm not even half way around with them yet.
I thought about adding a heart for the dollies to hold at each corner....just to be a little different from the other two quilts....
 
Two grandkids got engaged last month...you know what that means!
Two weddings perhaps in the planning for next year.....two wedding quilts to make....
Then who knows, dare I say.... be blessed with Great Grandbabies....
Lovely to have some happy times to look forward to....
 
Take care.....♥

27 kind people said..:

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Your dollies quilts are wonderful. I admire anyone that does such beautiful large quilts.

Blackberry Lane said...

I love all your quilts. The hearts in the corner are very sweet. Oh yes, engagements, weddings and babies....joyful events in the lives of those you love. You have a beautiful family, Julia.
Hope your weather is better this weekend.

Leeanne said...

Julia, these quilts are so very pretty! Oh weddings & babies, a quilters delight!
I wish you much happiness.

Nancie Anne Quilts said...

Your dollie quilts are absolutely precious...I couldn't possibly pick one!

Janet O. said...

Each quilt unique, and all of them beautiful! I love the button hands on the first one. : )
The hearts in the corners are a lovely touch, Julia!

sunny said...

They're all beautiful! I have two nephew weddings coming up, I guess I should be thinking about making quilts?

Terri D. said...

You know how much I love your work! Just lovely. I really like the heart in the corners for your latest creation! How exciting to have two weddings to look forward to!!

Prue said...

The Dollie quilts are lovely Julia.are you appliquéing them by hand? I t would take me ages to get them done

Congratulations to your two grandchildren!

Maria said...

All three Dollies are lovely but I will admit my favorite one is the last one... Love the heart ..

Paula Hensley Murphy said...

these are fabulous!!!!! wow 3, you are amazing. So beautiful, I must say I like your last one the most. It just seems so happy!!!!

Pokey said...

To have made 3 of these beautiful babies is an accomplishment in itself, but your quilts are ever amazing! I like the improvement on the arms, the ribbon look is so pretty. I also like your fabric choices in the second two, but that shows growth and change, don't you think? Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials in the family, God bless you ~
:-}pokey

Monica said...

Gosh, yes, they are all beautiful, but I think I love the Dresdens most of all. I must do a Dresden quilt soon! The rose fabrics are so nice. :)

What about heart shaped buttons for your current dollies? But applique or buttons, I think the hearts would be great!

ZHOBEYDA said...

HOLA, COMO STAS? TUS TRABAJOS SON HERMOSO, TE FELICITO, QUE DIOS BENDIGA TU CREATIVIDAD.. AHORA TE SIGO, VISITAME TAMBIÉN, SIEMPRE SERAS BIENVENIDA.. ANÍMATE.. BESOS, ABRAZOS Y BENDICIONES.
ZHOBEYD@....

Heather said...

Three great quilts. It is so fun to look back on our fabric choices as our tastes change.

Nat Palaskas said...

Hi Julia, Happy 2014! I saw your blog pop up on Bev's blog list so I thought I would drop by to say hi. I see my favourite quilt Dresden plate posting here again. I still got my blocks starring at me, yes one days. Hope you are keeping well - Hugs Nat

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

So fun to see all your dolly quilts in one place Julia! I am inconsistent in the labeling of my quilts too. One tool I used when I went back to label one and you can use too: look up when you posted it in your blog history. I know I was reading your blog when you finished it, so I don't think you will have to go back as far as you think!

Raewyn said...

Lovely to see all the quilts lined up like that.. they are all gorgeous. Have fun planning your wedding quilts!

Debra Anger said...

I saw this dolly border long ago in one of the Aussie mags and fell in love it now I see why yours are all gorgeous they are so worth the work you have put into them!

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

They are very beautiful!! Love them! :)

Uhu work said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vivian said...

I enjoyed seeing your progression of quilts with dollies. They're each lovely in their own way, but I'm especially partial to the last one.
BTW--you have a junk message just ahead of mine (they never give up)

rashid omer said...

In Internet system we have now best earning system without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.
Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.
www.hotfxearnings.com

Uhu work said...

Make Money Online Without any work, You can Invest as low as 1$ Dollar to 100$ Dollars and Get Daily profit of 2.50% for 90 Days.
Minimum Withdraw 1 and Instant Payout with PayPal, EgoPay and Perfect Money
Join Now
http://www.hotfxearnings.com/

Dinesh gir said...

Latest Automotive Information with Pictures, latest speedy cars, top vehicles
TopAmazingCars.BlogSpot.Com

Dinesh gir said...

Female Celebrties Facebook Covers, Most Popular Fb Covers in the Industry
UniqueFbCovers.Com

Dinesh gir said...

Home Based Business Join Now without any Work
Earn 400% within a Month
Payout within 24 Hours with Perfect Money, OkPay and EgoPay
Join Now
Dollar-Inv.co

Dinesh gir said...

Best Investment Plan with PayPal PayPal PayPal
Payout within 24 Hours with Perfect Money, PayPal, OkPay and EgoPay
Join Now
AllTimeProfit.com