Monday, February 10

A Finish...my weekend.

My first finish for 2014..
Poor Sweet Susie was looking so lonely and sad, needing some play time ...so I took the time to get this colourful top quilted.
I must say it was lovely to just sit and quilt...had a few tension problems, but once that got sorted out, it was a  breeze.
Not sure if you see it here, but I quilted swirls.....using Aurifil variegated thread that came with SS as an extra....beautiful thread. Just perfect for this colourful harlequin quilt.
 
 
Then while I was in the quilting mode, I practiced my feathers again on this hexagon table centre topper.
No close ups please......I have so much trouble turning corners.  I don't know where to do bigger loops  or smaller loops......filling gaps is another thing also. I don't know how to let the feathers flow nicely.   I need lessons!
So back to practicing....this still needs a bit more work on it.
 
Until next time.....take care...♥
 
Hugs Julia ....
 
 
 
 

18 comments:

  1. Feathers looking good from here Julia.
    Well done on your first lovely finish for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely finish. Your work is beautiful, Julia.
    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll get the hang of feathers. It took me forever to master corners! I just kept at it until eventually clicked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bright, fun finish, Julia! When you get "in the zone" with a quilt, the quilting just flows and is so fun, I think!
    Well, you should pat yourself on the back for those feathers. What a cute topper--and I think you have done a great job feathering. I made some really lousy attempts at feathers for well over a year before it finally started to click. None of mine looked this good until after that, so feel good about your efforts and just do them whenever you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Julia,

    Two wonderful finishes, I especially love the table topper. I think you are brave tackling that machine let alone the feathers.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt! and the table center topper is very cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are sew good at quilting on your Susie now.
    Both the bright quilt and table topper look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your colourful quilt, great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are doing great with SS....awesome to just sit and sew, no worries, no stress, just art.....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy seeing your practice with Sweet Susie. It does look good to me, and I know you're having fun, once that pesky tension behaves itself. It's so nice when we have projects that we can practice on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course I had to have a close look at the feathers Julia. They look excellent
    I love the bright quilt. A great way to use a variety of scraps

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sure the feathers are fine Julia, just keeping trying with them, and you will be happy.
    The quilt turned out so gorgeous, well done Julia, love all those cheery colours x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Happy Happy Birthday dear friend.....God's best to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Make your own home based business without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.
    Invest as low as 1$ and Get 2.5% Daily profit for 90 Days, Join Now
    HotFxEarnings.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Make your own home based business without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.
    Invest as low as 1$ and Get 2.5% Daily profit for 90 Days, Join Now
    HotFxEarnings.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥