Monday, January 27

Ring-a-ring a roses...update..

A quick update on my Dancing Nine Patch and Dollies...
 
 
Not very good pictures, but I think you can still see where I'm going with this pretty quilt....
First I quilted each skirt before adding the binding....
 
 
I thought about adding a scrappy binding, but that took away from the skirts, so the same cream background fabric it had to be.
I'm about 1/2 way around sewing back the binding now, then I'll add the arms and heads...
 
Can't believe I still have so much of this fabric left. I have a plan for another quilt with this fabric after this one is finished.....
 
At last some nice cooler weather.....it's been so hot and humid, not very nice sewing weather at all.
 
Take care, till next time.....♥


14 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, This quilt is so pretty. Glad you are getting relief from the hot temps.

    It has been unusually cold here in GA. No snow, though.

    Sending my love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty! I agree with you about the binding...it sets the dresses off perfectly! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty florals. Soft and feminine looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not familiar with the dancing dollies, so I'm enjoying watching them evolve. I hope the quilting process is bringing you some happiness and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very pretty! yes we have a cooler day here too.
    I hope you are going OK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are almost there - adding the heads and arms will be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good Julia. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. I'm always in awe of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see those dollies take shape around your quilt.
    Are you going to jump right on another quilt with this fabric? You are good! I know when I was working exclusively from my Kansas Troubles fabrics and had made two quilts in a row from it, I had to take a break and sew with something else for a while. I'll be interested to see what you dream up next! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. The binding is perfect, we mustn't distact from the dancing dollies when they start coming together ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely! :)
    Greetings from Finland!
    Hugs, Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so enjoy watching your progress. Step by step, you're creating a beauty that is uniquely you.
    Good call on the binding. Scrappy would have been distracting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥