Friday, January 31

Mug Rugs or Mug Mats....?

Mug Mats, Mug Rugs...what do you call them...
I had a lovely time catching up with a couple of dear quilting friends a few Sundays ago...
 
 
....they were busy making Mug mats.... sewing, chatting, having fun... it was just so inspirational
...look what I came home and made!
 
 
I came home and made these two...I'll call Mug Mats just to be different.
I added a loop to hold a napkin....and these too!
I just hate having a couple of blocks around that don't ever look like they are going to amount to much else than a couple of blocks...
Half the work was done, so it was no effort to finish these off...
Pop on over and see the Mug Rugs that others on my side bar have made...
Shez in another one that loves Mug Rugs / Mats...
enjoy!!
 
Have a great day...♥

12 comments:

  1. Hello Julia,

    There is nothing better than sewing mug mats/rugs with friends. Love the addition of the loop. Happy National Mug Rug Day.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice use of a few extra blocks. The loop is a great idea! You put the inspiration you received to very good use. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, Julia! Good inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol,happy mug rug day Julia.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty Mug Mats Julia..
    I love using my little mats...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making mug rugs for the same reasons as you and everyone else: great way to use orphan blocks, quick and easy, they make ideal gifts, and are fun to swap (makes a change from postcards and ATCs)!
    Your creations are gorgeous, and your addition of the loop for a napkin reminds me of all the vintage tray cloths I have in my linen collection - many of those have loops for napkins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julia, I love these...what a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them all--I really need to just stop everything else and make me some and some for gifts--I keep saying that I am going to make them?????????
    Hugs, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never made a mug mat. I think you made great use of the blocks and the napkin holder is such a wonderful addition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are a great idea. I may make a few myself with the odd blocks that are surplus to requirements. As you say, alf the work s done already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous MATS there Julia - and a great way to use up those blocks...
    The dancing dollies are coming along so well, the whole quilt is looking amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't been bitten by the mug rug....er...mat bug yet but it does look like a great way to purpose those orphan blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥