Sunday, January 19

Moving on...with Dancing Nine Patch..

Time to move on and get back to my patchwork / quilting...
I never know whether to write patchwork or quilting so I wrote both..
Dancing Nine Patch is waiting to be finished.... I spent a lovely quiet couple of hours pinning.
 ..Then I thought I would mark up the border cross-hatch quilting lines..
Much easier to mark them up now while it's lying flat on the kitchen bench top....
.....and then I'm thinking what could be better than to have  appliqued Dancing Dollies around the border !..
Doing the cross-hatching first by machine will make it easier than stopping and starting around the dollies...then the dollies can be appliqued on top with some machine quilting to finish them off.
So this rose fabric quilt will be called..
...."Ring-a-ring o' roses,
A pocket full of posies"....
 
                                                          Take care.....♥                                                       

13 comments:

  1. Looks great, cannot believe how well the lines mark, must try that! Take care, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a great plan in place Julia! It will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see you spending time on your favorite hobby. Looks like you're getting that FMQ thing figured out. Your quilted dollies will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Wish I had a quilt to add dollies around, guess I will have to plan one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Julia. What a gorgeous quilt you are working on.
    The dollies will look great around the border. Enjoy. XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Julia, it is good to see you able to find pleasure in quilting/piecing. You have been in my prayers.
    I think this is a very creative touch you are adding with the doilies. Perfect name for this lovely floral quilt! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss Julia, yu have been in my thoughts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I jsut finished a dancing nine patch for charity. Just used trucks and car fabric I had for the border and its cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Julia, I just learned about your loss earlier this month. I am very sorry, my condolences. Start sewing again may be a good therapy. IT is à hard time in your life after so many years being two. Warm hug, Ati. ( who has moved back to here homeland, the Netherlands )

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dollies will make a gorgeous border. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whenever I see dancing dollies on quilts, I think of you, Julia. Their elegance and lovely finishing touch will be perfect on this quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥