Saturday, December 28

Been Busy....New quilt in the making!

This is my spare bedroom......the kind of bedroom I would have loved to have when I was little..
....so I have it now. I just keep adding the pretty things I make..  I love that dancing dollies quilt on the bed. It's all hand quilted.
Now I'm making this Dancing Nine Patch, but a nice border that you will see later.
I love this pattern by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville.....I don't usually make more than one of a design, but this one is my third ....
It really is so quick and easy to chain piece....can be done in a day with strips....or great for using up little pieces of scraps...
Look at that gorgeous face on my Sleepy Sally doll....
I think she looks happy there on the new quilt top....this quilt is not for me, well, I'll see if I can part with it when the time comes.
Sewing away on the nine patches here, I was thinking of my first ever quilting lesson.
I was so excited, packed all my stuff, hurried off to class, only to find I had left my sewing machine foot pedal at home.  
 The teacher wanted us to start with nine patches....."really" I thought, just sewing little squares into a nine patch"....couldn't argue with the teacher, so nine patches it had to be.
 I wanted to make a "REAL" quilt, like with Flying Geese, Ohio stars, and Pinwheels....and now, Nine Patches is one of my favourite blocks to do. 
 
Have a lovely New Year...I don't think I can stay up that late!.....

19 kind people said..:

Terri D. said...

Your quilts are all so beautiful! I love your spare room, and would delight in being a guest there for a night or two!

Janet O. said...

What a pretty guest room. That is a lovely quilt on the bed.
If you keep showing the quilts you make from that 9-patch pattern I will eventually cave in and make one myself. : )
Have you made a dent in the floral fabrics?

barbara woods said...

i just finished a dresden plate christmas quilt and shams, i love them. May try the dancing 9 patch

Shirley said...

Simple things often turn out the best. Enjoy your girlie room. Someone is going to be very lucky. Wishing you love and happiness Julia.x

Maree: said...

Your room looks so Pretty Julia and your quilts suit it perfectly.
Hope you had a lovely Xmas all the best for 2014 hope all is well xx

Lois Evensen said...

So pretty!

Sue SA said...

Such pretty quilts, you are determined to reduce those scraps! I love nine patches too, but must try this pattern variation ;)

Leeanne said...

What a pretty room. I have also created a pretty room in our quest room.

Paula Hensley Murphy said...

so pretty, both of the quilts. I love the doll.

sunny said...

I'd love to be a guest in your guest room! Oh so pretty.

Debra Graham said...

Very pretty room. I am sure your guest would enjoy it very much.

angela said...

My first quilt was a stack Ann slash. I love them they all look so different and individual. I've never made a nine patch maybe my new years resolution will be to make one. Have a very happy new year, our new year will be a quiet one too!

Elyte said...

Glad you finally have your room, even if you did have to wait for such a long time.
Those nine patches are such versatile little blocks and they work so well in that design. Hope you enjoyed your Christmas celebrations and all the best for 2014.

Chookyblue...... said...

Hi Julia......Merry Christmas and happy new year........always love visiting not always the time to comment.....I do love seeing what your creating..........

FlourishingPalms said...

Your nine patches quilt is my favorite. And you've learned to sew them extremely well (giggle). Wishing you a wonderful and healthy 2014, Julia!

Vivienne Garforth said...

Have a wonderful New Year, Julia. We are praying for a much better 2014 than the last couple of years have been. I'm back to blogging as of yesterday with a new blog. Viv

Janet said...

You do pretty so very well. I do love your nine patch and must check out that pattern since it's a quick one. Happy new year to you.

Blackberry Lane said...

Julia, you and yours are in our prayers. Love you, Mildred

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Hugs.