Monday, October 28

Raffle quilt...guild..

I'm still looking for my Mojo.. in the mean time....
Perhaps this might help.
 I won this quilt in a 2007 guild raffle ....now that the weather is warming up I thought I would get out this beautiful quilt.
This quilt makes me smile, I just love it.
 I could hardly believe it when I got the call to say I had won it. I think there were about 10,000 tickets sold, so how lucky was that!
About 16 ladies from the guild helped make this quilt, I managed to buy the same blue fabric to make the matching pillow shams..
It's been washed several times, and always comes up a treat, like it was just made...
 
 
I see postcards are being made around blog land.
Here are some postcards I received a few years ago....
Sorry the photos are not too good, the camera battery is starting to run out...
2007, this came the same year I won the quilt....
I covered up my address..

 
The photo here does not do this postcard justice...
...it came all the way from Canada, as it is without an envelope!
 
This one has no name on the back, and I don't remember where it came from...
 
 
This one too has no name on it...it was quite some time ago, it's a shame I can't put a name to the postcards...
 
Now, let me see if I can get some sewing going....
Patchwork tomorrow and I need some sewing to take....♥

11 comments:

  1. Wow! You were very lucky! What a wonderful quilt you won!
    These postcards are very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your mojo must have run away with mine. Maybe it helps us have a break!
    You were so lucky to win such a beautiful quilt. It came to your home because it knew that it would be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were sure lucky to win that lovely quilt! Hope I'm lucky and will win the quilt I just bought tickets for! The postcards are also lovely - and very unusual, actually. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Julia,

    You were certainly blessed when you won the quilt. What a treasure.

    Happy Monday.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That certainly was a lucky win for you Julia! Beautiful with the matching shams! Have a great sewing day even if it only involves visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a treat to win such a gorgeous quilt--and to get the matching fabric to make the shams--cool!
    Fun, fun postcards, Julia. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing quilt to win!!
    I think when I don't feel like sewing much a small easy project is what helps get me going. I hope you are sewing again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sewing mojo must be playing hookey with your mojo. Hope they both come back sometime soon. The quilt you won is super. What great luck and the postcards look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's sad when the thing we love to do isn't strong enough to make us joyful, and give us energy, and put a smile on our face. The loss of mojo can be devastating. Mine is gone too. It's a struggle to make much progress at all.
    But this too shall pass, and we'll all be raring to go again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful quilt! how lucky you were to win such a beauty. I think the pattern was in a Quilters Companion, I remember admiring it and thinking it would be a lovely quilt to have (make). Love the matching pillow shams.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also meant to say something about your missing mojo. Last summer I went through a period where I didn't have any desire to pick up a needle or fabric, I just read quilting blogs and magazines/books. Then it came back as mysteriously as it left and I was magically filled with enthusiasm for quiltmaking all over again! Your mojo is just on hiatus!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥