Monday, August 5

Practice, practice, practicing!!...Sweet Sixteen..

I'm trying to practice...really I am!
I don't know why, but I just have a thing about feathers....I so much want to do a nice feather, but I don't like to practice...I just want to do it!

I wasn't really 100% happy with Sweet Susie....well blaming Susie for my not being able to do nice feathers..but...
...it's me, I know it's me!
I went to a craft show over the weekend, and got to have a good chat with Michelle who sold me SS this time last year....I explained the trouble I was having with SS...of course when she told me what I was doing, it all makes sense..
Here is a video that explains the problem I was having....
 
 
So now I'm practicing, practicing and more practicing... 
I hope this helps anyone else out there in blogland that may have this same problem...
 
Thanks so much Michelle......♥
 

10 comments:

  1. Yes, I'm afraid practice is the answer....your feathers are looking great Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very helpful video--with great advice -- and yes, practicing is the key. I don't have the TruStitch on my Sweet 16, unfortunately, but I still found the video interesting. Wish I did have it. Maybe some day. But so far I'm OK with the quality of my stitching--not impressed--but OK.
    Your feathers look outstanding, Julia !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have TruStitch, either, but I found the video interesting.
    And I think your feathers are beautiful! You are doing great. Good for you doing the practicing. I know it isn't always fun and is often frustrating, but it does pay off! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your feathers look great! Practice is the way to go. I found the video interesting. I had a go on that machine last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't know a bad feather from a good one, Julia! Yours look fine to me! I am not a quilter, or a seamstress. I just enjoy seeing your beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aha, it wasn't all you after all. I'm glad you found that valuable information. Your feathers are looking fine to me but I know where you're coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that your feathers are looking very good. Practice until you find your own rhythm and then don't be like me and stop for a year and then have to relearn everything again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll come back to the video soon. I've had my Sweet 16 for about 3 months now, and I'm afraid to use it! I joined a user group on Yahoo, and they talk so much about problems...... Soon, I just have to turn it on and practice practice practice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Feathers look great to me ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I WISH I could relate to this problem! It would be wonderful to own a SS for FMQing. I love making feathers, and create them as much as possible. I'm glad for you to have learned what your problem was.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥