Friday, August 30

Dancing Nine Patches...it's a flimsy!

I was so determined  to get this pretty to a flimsy by the weekend, I gave myself permission to just sew all day yesterday.
I added another row to the width, and then played with auditioning border fabrics...
I thought as pretty as these fabrics are...they lacked the stand out  pop effect... 
...they just kind of blend in...
Then I pulled out this pretty stand out floral...picking up the same fabric in some of the little 2 inch squares....yes, that's it!
Seeing I had four nine patches over, I decided to add them to the corners...
...bit hard to take a photo and get the full effect....as you can't see it straight on too well, but it really adds to bring out and make the dancing nine patches dance beautifully...
OK, now to sandwich and quilt it....Sweet Susie here I come!...
 
Have a great weekend, and take care...♥
 

6 comments:

  1. Julia, you have such a good eye for color and pattern! This quilt is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work Julia - you have been a busy lady, well done.
    Now give your poo hard-working sewing machine a rest!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like what the darker border does for this. Nice choice.
    Have fun with the quilting! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are looking superb and It will me goodness If I will use these quilts in my beautiful villas Italy and France.

    ReplyDelete
  5. its looking fantastic,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How industrious of you to have finished this top so quickly! It's a nice use of floral fabric extras. And now you'll be honing your quilting skills. I bet you're seeing great improvement there! This is going to be a wonderful finish, I am sure. Have fun with the quilting! You certainly own a machine for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥