Gosh, nearly another week gone already.
As you can see by the photos, I've been busy hand-quilting and machine quilting..
The Dresden's hand-quilting is coming along beautifully, all the cross-hatching in the background is nearly done. I can't wait to start on the setting triangles, I don't know how it will go, but I'm going to try and replicate the Dresden block in quilting for the setting tri's....we'll see!
The coverlet is quilted, I started out FMQ meandering hearts, thinking it would be in keeping with the romantic roses, but it just didn't work for me. The meandering took away from the beautiful floral rose fabrics / diamonds. So after a couple of hours unpicking I decided to ditch stitch along the diamonds both ways, cross-hatching....perfect... in this case it was less is more.
It's all together, I just need to pick up a long zip for the closer, then I'll take a photo of it on the bed.
Now, of course I'll need pillow shams to go with the coverlet, so hopefully this little pile of scraps will be enough for matching pillow shams....
Sorry this photo is a bit glary and not very clear.
I found this in a 1930's quilt pattern book I have called "Treasures from the '30's" by Nancy Mahoney..
....isn't just like the Steam Punk block doing the rounds in blog land.
I don't think this is one I would do right now, there are other lovelies in the book that caught my eye.
Hope you have a lovely weekend...