Wednesday, July 24

Some eye candy...and Dresden quilting

Not a lot to write about today...but enjoy seeing this beautiful eye candy..
I may have already showed you the beginning of this quilt that Laura started a little while ago...well look at it now. It's a beautiful flimsy!
Laura has a wonderful knack of putting bold scrappy tops together, and this one is no exception...
This is all paper pieced, with touches of black and gold that just make the whole top pop!.... 
How soft and romantic is this. Kerry is in the process of hand-quilting this lovely.

Aren't these the prettiest baskets ever....I love the soft green sashing strips...
Just beautiful Kerry....♥
 
As for me, this is all I have to show right now...though, I have finished hand-quilting all the cross-hatched background now...
I'm hoping this is going to work for me...they are quite big setting triangles. I've made a template of half the Dresden, quilting the outline, perhaps echoing the outline a couple of times....but I really need to fill in the whole tri somehow...we'll see how it looks after this first one!
Hope your having a good week...♥
 

12 comments:

  1. Lovely pics to start the day. Thank you and good luck with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those two quilts are so different--each amazing in its own way. Love the gold and black paper piecing, AND the soft romantic baskets.
    Cross-hatching done? That is worth celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts made by your lovely ladies in your group.
    Your hand quilting is comong along nicely Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two completely different quilts!
    You are nearly there with your Dresden quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Dresden quilting is looking so pretty Julia. I'm sure your will figure the perfect design for those setting triangles. Laura and Kerry have some beauties too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....Julia, they are all so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilts. I particularly like what Laura did with the outer edge of the quilt with the black and golds, wow, really sets off the piece nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The paper pieced quilt is amazing, such bold lovely blocks! Yes, I like the contrasting soft work in the floral baskets, too...such talent!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing a lovely job with your handquilting, this is going to be such a gorgeous quilt when completed!!!! Thanks for sharing your friends' quilts too!!! A lot of work there!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥