Wednesday, June 5

Modern or Traditional.....

Another inspirational day at patchwork yesterday..
I'm not a big fan of modern  quilts, but I do love this one....who would not love this lovely by our very creative Sue...Sue does amazing work....this quilt is for Sue's sister....beautiful
Here's Sue again pinning a little quilt that her Mum started years ago, but sadly didn't get to finish it..
Here's a close up the block that caught my eye...♥

In case you were wondering how my Dresden's are going....yes I'm still hand- quilting them.
I really only started a week or so ago, so I have many months ahead of me that I will be quilting this lovely...
I'm first quilting the cross-hatch background...leaving the setting triangles for some special quilting...just need to find the right design...loving this so far..♥
Jane Austen inspired doona / duvet cover is slowly taking shape....
..I'm just sewing the strips together first to see how long I need to go....can't wait to get this finished.
Wish I had more hours in the day....don't we all!...
Last but not least is the little hexagon table runner...The hexies are appliqued onto the background fabric...
...now I just need to baste it, quilt and bind it...
 
Phew...that was a long post...hope you enjoyed it.
Thank you for popping by....♥

19 comments:

  1. I'm a traditionalist, too. Love your dresdens. And your hexie table runner. I've been collecting pink hexies, and need to start thinking of what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely a traditional gal, too!
    Your diamond top is coming together beautifully. And what a lovely quilting job on the Dresdens, Julia!
    The little hexie runner is awfully sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue's Mum's quilt and those blocks are just gorgeous, how nice that this quilt will get to be finished!! I definitely lean toward the traditional too, but I do love the grey and white tones in Sue's modern quilt! All your other projects are coming along nicely, your hand quilting is looking wonderful on the dresden, well done and how satisfying!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that cross hatch background is so pretty Julia - I wish I could come and sit with you and watch so I could learn. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of beautiful work there.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work. I like the modern quilt for your friend's sister. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely a fan of Sue's quilt. Great colors and a neat, wonky design. I also like the one of her mum's that she's finishing. That too would be gorgeous in bright colors. Your hand quilting is remarkable. You're so diligent, even knowing it will take you months to complete it. I admire your stick-to-it-iveness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite one is the 2nd quilt, and the hexie table runner. I prefer traditional, but enjoy seeing bright modern fabric. Don't think I want to make those modern blocks, but like to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I am mostly traditional but then I love bright colours too. Maybe I need therapy. All coming along nicely Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love the hexie runner! We had a lady come in the shop last week with her hexie quilt she is making, it was so inspiring, that I would really love to make one, but wasn't sure I wanted to make a bed quilt.....but you have just given me the idea that a runner would be achievable!
    Your hand quilting is looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great show and tell. I do like the modern quilt, I can imagine it would be fabulous for a guy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of inspiration in that post and I love the Jane Austen coverlet's progress. But I also love modern quilts and that first quilt is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The hexagon table runner looks so lovely with the beautiful china.
    Your projects are coming along very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The hexagon runner is going to be nice. I think charming is the right word! The doona cover is also looking very good. How will you finish it? I gather it won't be quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like traditional and modern, but not too modern for me. Thanks for showing all the pretty quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sew many gorgeous projects there Julia..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, I did enjoy your post. All of the projects are so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG those dresdens and the Jane Austin inspired quilts are just so wonderful, completely different in style but both very swoon-worthy. You are clever! Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Any thing you want in Entertainment for Fun... Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and Much More Fun Only on 1 Current Affairs Network
    hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥