Sunday, June 23

Julia's Coverlet...halfway mark!

If your after a great stash buster....this is it!!
 It's busting most of my rose fabric stash...I love it!
I've reached the halfway mark...I have the length I needed for the doona / duvet cover. Now it's just a matter of adding more strips keeping the top and bottom edge straight until it's wide enough..
I need it to be 83 inches x 83 inches (210cm x 210 cm)...but I think I'll make it a little bigger, to allow for any shrinkage..remembering that this is all cotton fabrics..
This is how I cut the top and bottom straight edge triangles...using a 60 degree tri ruler cutting at 4 1/2 inch line....this is to fit my  diamonds that I cut out of 4 1/4 inch strips...shown here..
As for the side edges...I didn't fuss or worry about working out what size to cut I just sewed whole diamonds and then trimmed off for the side edge...
 
I'm so much happier with how this is working out now...going together beautifully and taking up less time....I love the Jane Austen quilt, and one day I will make it as a quilt, but for now and the doona / duvet cover I wanted to make, this is perfect!!
 
Hope your having a great weekend...♥
 

16 comments:

  1. Great progress, very soft & feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you are happy with it by the speed it is coming together. Looks great a Julia. Very pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that unpicking is a distant memory now and you are moving forward with great speed. Looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great, and your stash of rose fabrics is pretty impressive too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It s looking really lovely, it's amazing how quickly you pull apart hours and hours of work

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't expect to feel this way about your duvet cover, Julia, but I think it looks even prettier without the sashing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is sooo pretty. It's good to see you happier with it as it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks very romantic and is growing fast!Good to work in those rows.
    Groetjes
    Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The look of your re-do is just gorgeous, it's really turning out beautifully, you definitely made the right decision doing away with the sashing!!!! I love it!!!!! Those floral prints really are just lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is gorgeous. It takes a bit of courage to do this but it really is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's looking so wonderful!!! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get Part time online jobs on Facebook, The best Social Media Website where you can share some fun and earn with us, Share some pictures on Facebook and earn on every pictures you post or share. Unlimited Facebook Wall Sharing and Unlimited Earning.
    Earn with Making Facebook Ids, Make Unlimited Facebook Ids and Get 10$ on Every FB Id.
    jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥