Friday, June 21

Julia's Coverlet...

Unpicking my Jane Austen inspired doona / duvet cover wasn't so bad to unpick after all. Just a few hours under the air-con heating in the evening and it was done!
I'm so glad I did it...now already I'm on my way to sewing the diamonds back together.
The first try, was very pretty, but I think this will work out just fine...My scrappy diamonds coverlet!
I'm also going about the piecing it in a different way.
 By starting in from one corner, with a side edge will be easier  to work with.
This way it will give  me an idea of how it's going as I work my way along, growing longer and wider  with each strip....♥
 
I thought I would share with you something very special to me...
This little case is over 60 + years old...it is what my Dh had when he was sent out here to Australia as a child migrant.
It held all his meager belongings. It has his initials near the handle.
 I folk art painted the teddies.
 
I hope you have a lovely weekend...I'll be sewing diamonds together.
Take care...
 

9 comments:

  1. Love the diamonds and the case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diamonds are a girls best friend...and these are no exception!! Gorgeous! Love the case too!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was well worth unpicking your Diamonds Julia as it is making you feel happier working with the duvet/donna cover.

    Your DHs little case is just gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit that I was a skeptic about unpicking your diamonds but now that I see them, I think they are more beautiful in their new setting!
    What a story that case must have to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should have trusted your judgement, those diamonds are looking very nice.
    Lovely little case filled with memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lovely little case and quite a nice keepsake. Glad you got your project back on track, and that it wasn't so hard to do, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart breaks when I think of shipping my child half way off around the world to never see them again. I hope your DH had a happy time when he got here, because I know many were not so lucky. The diamonds look good. Its rain, rain, rain here, so definately a day for stitching inside!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a precious little box!!! It's great you still have it, and it can be passed down in the family!!
    Your reworking of your diamonds is looking good, I think you will be happier now that you have worked out a solution!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your diamonds look lovely and what a talented painter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥