Friday, May 10

This and That on Friday....already!

 Can't believe it's Friday already....the week has just whisked away, with not much to show for the week....It's been one of those weeks!

First, I'd like to share this amazing work in process.
Laura from my Tuesday  local P/work group always amazes me with her colour combinations.....and her patience putting these paper pieced star blocks together....
This is going to be a stunning, eye catching quilt.....can't wait to see it finished!
 
A gorgeous Blue and white quilt by Glenys for her Mum. Glenys was sewing back the binding at patchwork....isn't it just beautiful, fresh looking.
This will surely brighten up her Mum's room on a winters day like we are having just now...
I'm sure it will be treasured.... 
 
As for me all I've done this week is sew these few hexagons together in the evening.....
.....while I've been quilting my Country Charmer during the day, when I can get a bit of time on Susie....yes still quilting the blocks....
 
Have a great weekend....stay safe...♥


7 kind people said..:

Vivian said...

I got a shiver when I read about you heading into winter--so glad to be heading into spring here.
Lovely quilts in the making by Laura and Glenys, and even though you didn't feel like you did much, progress is progress, and that's something to smile about.
Go, Susie, go! (with a little help from Julia, of course)

Sue-Anne said...

Fantastic stars and I love the blue and white quilt.. Your although will e finished before you know it.

Karen said...

I studied those stars a bit. Such a variety of looks. Very interesting.

Merilyn said...

Those little hexie blocks of yours are just gorgeous, such pretty fabrics! Seems as though you are making good progress on your Country Charmer!! Nice to see your quilty friends' quilt and star blocks, she's put a lot of work into them by the looks of it!!!

Shirley said...

Much Hexie goodness to cheer a girl up. The quilting will soon be done and I wonder what is next.

Elisabeth said...

Dear Julia,

I just have to say it again, I love your blog and it is such an inspire to me. Thanks for sharing <3

Elisabeth

Elyte said...

Always enjoy seeing the work of others.
Hope you had a special day yesterday. x