Monday, May 6

Quilted feathers and Painted Feathers....

Quilting has started on my CC quilt...yep, I'm quilting feathers.
Lets just say my "Julia's version of feathers"....If I didn't just hop in and do it , it wouldn't get done.
.I guess with time and practice, I will get better,  be more consistent and uniform.....but I'm really happy with it so far. 
One thing I have learned is that the feather quilting really does pull in the quilt...
Going around the corners was a challenge, not perfect, but will pass!
Not sure if you can see the quilting on the block....
This is what I'm quilting in the blocks, I just wanted something easy and not to densely quilted.
This is from Sally Terry's Hooked on Feathers book......
 
Now for feathers of a different kind....more beautiful!
These came through on an email from a friend....aren't they amazing!
There is a story behind these feathers, but unfortunately I saved these pics but lost the email that came with them... 
 
Enjoy their beauty....
 
A new week, new inspirations......♥
 

10 comments:

  1. Happy quilting with those lovely feathers.
    Those other feathers are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Julia, both lots are feathers are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your CC quilting looks so wonderful.
    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Julia, Your quilting looks fantastic, I admire anyone who can quilt on their sewing machine.

    Those painted feathers are amazing and I don't think I have seen anything quite like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous feathers of all varieties Julia. You just keep going for it and it looks mighty fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. feathers look amazing.....
    wow those paintings on the feathers are amazing...wow what will you do with them?
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do such nice work Julia! I also love the design you selected to quilt in the blocks. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your quilting and I hope we get to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! Your blocks are just beautiful and the feathers are going to look great! I can't wait to see it finished! Excellent job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're doing a lovely job with your feather quilting, very well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥