Wednesday, May 22

New Eye Candy....Tuesday patchwork girls!

My gorgeous Tuesday patchwork group girls never cease to amaze me....
How inspirational is this...
Anne #2...as we call this Anne, as we have 2 Anne's in the group...made this stunning quilt for her grandson Dylan.....but ....

...check this out.   Anne made this double sided. Same back and front.
Now is not only making all those stars being hours and hours of work not a feat on it's own..... but also lining them up perfectly back to back....and quilting this beauty .
Please pop over to Anne's blog and see her free motion quilting....
It's just stunning Anne, a credit to your lovely work......♥
 
This delicious  Gelati coloured quilt is Anne #1's.....I didn't take note who this quilt is for...but whoever it is will just love it I'm sure...so happy and bright....♥
So, while the girls were busy chatting, sipping coffee, sewing away...this is what I was up to at patchwork....basting my Vintage Dresden quilt..
I placed three trestle tables together and it only just fit enough on them so I could baste it ready for hand-quilting.
Defiantly, hand-quilting weather. The heater has been on the last few evenings, so this lovely will keep me warm as I quilt..
 
Take care and keep safe.....♥

9 comments:

  1. I hope Anne #2's grandson appreciates that incredible labor of love!
    That is such a fun churn dash--I made a bright one once for a grandchild, but it had a blue background and didn't seem so colorful as this.
    What a nice big area for basting. Oh, this is going to be such a treasure of a quilt, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beautiful dresdens all ready for quilting - fun! Stay warm. We may have to use the fireplace tonight - chilly here too with rain. I have two large tables in the basement where I baste my quilts..no more on my knees! Your Anne1 has made an awesome double sided quilt - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness!! The double sided quilt is just amazing, such a lot of work for one side, let along two!!!!! Both Anne's quilts are wonderful and bright!!! Loving your dresden quilt top, this will be very special once all the handquilting is done, hope you are expecting a very long and cosy winter LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all beautiful quilts! Really, quite modern looking! Anne #2's quilt is particularly amazing, what with the matching front and back. I've never seen such a thing. I wonder if the quilt is a mite heavier with having double the number of seams. Thanks for sharing such pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow all the quilts are beautiful, but the first is amazing! Two sided! I quilted one of these for one of my customers last year, it was lovely, but not two sided!
    I bet all the ladies loved your Dresden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Dresden looks wonderful and so do the other quilts. Anne # 2 has made an incredible quilt, I could hardly believe the back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Dresdens are going to look beautiful hand quilted. I really like them. Thanks for the link to Anne's blog too, she deserves much praise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in awe of all the goodness you have shown today. You ladies are incredibly talented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely quilts for children, based on traditional patterns, but in brights, just goes to show how much fabric choices changes a pattern. Glad you got your basting done in time for the winter weather, need a quilt on your knee from the next few months!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥