Thursday, May 30

Jane Austen coverlet inspired...doona / duvet cover

Looks like the rain has set in for the day, plus it's going to be quite cool .. that makes for the perfect excuse to stay in and sew....
Moving along slowly with my Jane Austen inspired doona / duvet cover. I'm just using whatever pretty floral fabrics I have. I scrounged around through my stash for a large print flower design to use as a centre piece.... which would have been nice, but had to use this print instead.
It took a bit of working out the maths, so that the joining diamonds fitted in alongside...
So far so good....it should be very pretty.....

I'm still hand-quilting my Vintage Dresdens, I'll share my progress as soon as it's worth taking a photo of it....also in the meantime, I'm slowly adding hexagons to a table runner, just a few more to go.
 
Enjoy your day...happy sewing...♥
 

9 comments:

  1. The duvet cover is so pretty!
    So are the hexagon flowers. Such lovely florals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving watching the diamonds grow, I am not normally a fan of romantic florals, but this design is perfect as you can use bigger prints and see the whole design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All projects looking lovely. You have captured the "Jane Austen" feel for the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Jane Austen quilt! But I don't know if I could handle the math. Looking forward to watching it come together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made really good use of that strippy floral fabric as your large diamond!! Loving those delicate florals, this is going to be so pretty!!! Little hexies are gorgeous too, hope you get lots done during this rainy period!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia after your quandary about making the cover, you are certainly making great progress now - just beautiful!
    Looking forward to seeing your runner, I love a hexy of any type!
    How cold is it?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you Jane Austen quilt, it looks great....can t wait to see your finished quilt. Looks like you have lots of lovely projects can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just recently bought Linda Franz's book "Jane Austen Patchwork Mystery". Linda's first books were "Quilted Diamonds" after the DJ style of things.

    She has invented and patented "inklingo" and included in her patterns the unique diamond shape for the Jane Austen Quilt/Cover. I also plan to make the small Jane Austen table cover pattern that she has done. She shares some interesting things on her website.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥