Tuesday, April 30

Tuesday Patchwork...this and that..

Wow, what a gorgeous day today was at my Tuesday patchwork group..
With a little help of one of the girls, I pinned Country Charmer ready for quilting...
...while a couple of other girls worked on Desa's star quilt...this is the back of the quilt, the colours are just so bright and happy, a gorgeous mix of lime green, blues and pinks...
After Patchwork at home...Country Charmer is already under Sweet Susie waiting for me to quilt her.
This week I treated myself to a new little digital TV for my sewing room, complete with a DVD player built in...
.....so I can watch my free motion quilting DVDs while I sew....now why didn't I think of doing that before!....That's Helen Godden with her great FMQ tutorial DVD that came with SS...
This sure beats running backwards and forwards from the family room....
....and to top off a great super day, a celebration was in order..... not all the girls were present today, so for the ones that couldn't make it...
Sue, hiding at the back there,  made us an oh so yummy chocolate cake, and brought in  a bottle of some bubbly to celecbrate a wedding.
That gorgeous girl third from the left married my son on Sunday.
Sorry, no wedding photos, it was just a beautiful family day, we are so lucky and blessed to have her join our family......♥
 

8 comments:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful congratulations on the addition to your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia. What pretty quilts and gorgeous colors. Congrats to your son. I know you are so happy to welcome his new bride into the family. All the best to them. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the happy couple and proud parents.
    Always fun sharing sewing time with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the wonderful addition to your family, Julia!
    Can't wait to see how you quilt your top. It is a beautiful quilt.
    I don't think I got that DVD with Gidget, but I put a portable dvd player in my sewing room and now and then I watch one of my DVDs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Country Charmer is beautiful Julia! I can't wait to see how you quilt it. Whatever you do, it will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Productive Day with the Girl's all looking Lovely.
    Congratulations to the Happy Couple.
    I have a New Blog(will come up from my Name)
    Take Care
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely day with the girls and your Country Charmer is quite gorgeous!!! It is handy to have a small DVD player in the sewing room, great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on getting a new DIL, AND a new TV! Both seem like good things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥