Sunday, April 7

My Weekend Play...

With a little bit of time to play over the weekend...I thought I'd have a go at making some Mug Rugs for a Mother's Day fundraiser stall.
It's amazing what fun you can have with some scraps, a bit of time and imagination...
These took no time at all to whip up...done in the quilt as you go method, stitch and flip, with backing and batting in place....too easy!
Romantic florals....just some 2 inch strips left over from a Trip Around the World quilt...
...I thought it would be a nice touch to add a little loop to hold a napkin....
Just in case someone might like something bright and happy ... a couple of bright , dare I say retro Mug Rugs....I know my DD would love the orange one!
 
Hope your weekend has been fun and happy...
Take care... 

11 comments:

  1. Such pretty things to brighten a little break for tea. Clever little napkin ring idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mug rugs are lovely especially the colours in the first one and love the idea for the napkin

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea, I have just about come to the end of a heavy week making a HUGE quilt so this will be a nice gentle thing to do before I start my next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I may whip up a few just to keep in the gift basket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very cute, I might make some. Nice and easy and a small project to get back into the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which Car you want..? Here is a best list of Cars and Vehicles, Hot Vehicles, Strange Cars, Super Cars Model, Funny Cars, Car Latest Models, Cars with Girls, Cars like helicopter and Most Speed and Expensive Cars
    WorldLatestVehicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous mug rugs, Julia! I love making them for family and friends - they make great gifts and are so good for using up small scraps of fabrics that are still too good to throw out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥