Tuesday, April 16

Country Charmers Sashings....

Busy day ahead....It's 6.40 am, and here I am already on the computer for a quick post...
...auditioning sashing fabric. It was a toss up between the burgundy or the green fabric...
...burgundy won!
I guess those that know me, that's no surprise!.
I just love this sashing, it adds so much to the blocks, and I really think the burgundy sashing compliments the blocks perfectly...
 
This beautiful pattern / quilt design is by Lynn Wilder, of Sewn Wild Oaks....pop on over and see all the other beautiful quilt patterns that Lynn has to offer..
I just have to add that her pattern write up is the best I have come across..
Nayy and all that...I'm just so impressed and love her pattern.
 
Have a great day....♥
 

14 comments:

  1. Go burgundy! Your quilt looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the burgundy! Good choice! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Julia the sashing brings it all together beautifully. Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!! I like the burgundy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More gorgeous every time you show it Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the block design. Well, I like star blocks of just about any type. This one has lots of added interest. Looks like there are quite a few pieces for one block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I like the nine patch sashing Idea, now I must pop over to view these patterns

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the burgandy was a good choice, Julia! It looks wonderful!
    I really like the triple strips of sashing with the 9-patch cornerstones. It is always worth the effort. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. The burgundy is perfect. It is a wow quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your country charmer looks so great. I think the red is perfect.

    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are right, Lynn's pattern is very clever, with that nine patch in the sashing. And your colours are excellent! It has a very warm feeling to it. Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it Julia! The burgundy in the sashing is perfect. This is going to be beautiful on your family table. ~~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the burgundy - great choice! Your quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, love the burgundy with your blocks! Gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥