Wednesday, March 20

Saved by the Bell.....duh!

What was I thinking....

I sewed the diamond border onto the bottom of my GH quilt, pieced another diamond border ready to go on the side....what now, I'm thinking!
Half diamonds...no!
What have a I done wrong, how am I going to get the corner to fit together...the diamond is on a 60 degree angle, and a corner is a 45 degree angle..
OMG, I must have spent a couple of hours fussing about, losing patience, when the door bell rang.
Dear friends popped in unexpectedly...what a lovely surprise...we talked, had coffee, then I was asked to show them my GH quilt.
I said..."I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I just can't work this out"...we played around with ideas, try this, try that... maybe this will work better was the conversation for a while.
Then I showed them  the diamonds on my Spring Harvest quilt, "this is what I want to do" said I.....duh!

There's your answer said my friend....you started joining the row of diamonds at the top point to the edge of the quilt, instead of the side point...
Can you believe that, I looked at those diamonds so many times, measuring and getting angles....couldn't see the wood for the trees, or vice-versa!

Look, how good is this now....have you done that, the solution is staring you right in the face, but you don't see it....
Saved by the bell.....thank you so much Caroline..lovely to see you both, so glad I was home....♥


Posted by Picasa

14 kind people said..:

Leeanne said...

We all suffer from those moments!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

We all need to be thankful for quilting friends!

Vivian said...

What would we do without suggestions and ideas and solutions from our friends? Their worth is measured by the smiles on our faces and the warmth of our hearts. That doorbell rang at the right time. Lovely!

Terri D. said...

Sometimes we just need that push in another direction! Beautiful!!

Deb said...

two or several heads are better than one.

Lois Evensen said...

Sometimes I solve such problems just as I am falling asleep. :)

Janet O. said...

Oh, who hasn't done something like that? : )
Sometimes it just takes a fresh pair of eyes!

Pokey said...

Ah ha moments, with a little help from a friend. I'm so glad you arrived at a solution!
:-}pokey

Merilyn said...

It's funny, sometimes we get so absorbed with the journey and destination that we forget to steer!!! Now....your steering LOL!! This is looking so good!!!

Shirley said...

Divine Intervention. It is looking so pretty Julia.

Sue SA said...

Glad you had some help, that would have done my head in too! Much more fun to have two head then one.

Elyte said...

Aren't friends wonderful?
Your project is growing beautifully.

Rhonda said...

Stepping away for awhile helps and a friend's insight is good, too. Love your work. BTW, I'm become a "FOLLOWER" of your blog. Hope to visit often!

zahid ahmed said...

Many of the Online Jobs and Online Earning System in internet online Business, but here is a best and legit online earning systems with life time opportunity.
www.jobzcorner.com