Sunday, March 3

New Project...The Blessings Quilt..

New month, new project...
 
I have been asked to make a very special quilt...more about that in future posts.
 
 
At first I had no idea what I was going to make, flipped through so many books, ideas rolling around in my head, then I remembered this beautiful Blessings Quilt....I had sticky noted it to make when I first came across it in 2010.....found it again....just perfect!
 

Of course, it had to be in reproduction fabrics....just look at those beautiful fabrics and colours....very Julia again!
I was so keen to make a start on it, I pieced together this circle just last night....I won't be making it exactly like the original quilt....I'm thinking of starting with a centre medallion block and working my way out from there around the centre block...

 Edit....as requested by many ......this quilt is by Aussie quilter Robyn Falloon

It's lovely to be all inspired again......♥

 
Posted by Picasa

22 kind people said..:

betweens said...

Hi Julia this is one of most favorite quilts, I have a friend that gave me this pattern as a gift. It hangs close by for me to start it but I have to finish other projects!
I will be inspired by your progress.

Vicki W said...

I love it!

Crafts4others said...

love the quilt pattern. where did you get the pattern? thanks

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Very Julia!! Wish I could watch you make it and ask questions on how you decide what to do next!

Terry said...

I love this! What a great idea to use it as a medallion! :0)

Kristen King said...

This is just beautiful...what pattern is it or magazine was it in? I can't wait to see it finished!

Karendianne said...

Look forward to watching you create. Our enthusiasm is contagious!

Janet O. said...

Oh, so pretty. I will be interested to see where you go with it from here.
Yes, Love those reproduction fabrics. : )

Elyte said...

Lovely choice Julia, I have that pattern too and the project is on my "to do" list.

Sue SA said...

Looks great, lots of hand work but perfect for evening sewing...but how do you stop at just one!

Leeanne said...

Stunning! I did a table runner similar to this. Is the pattern a Sue Daley one?

Merilyn said...

It certainly is a lovely quilt, you've made a good start already, I'm keen to see what modifications you make to the original design!!

Shirley said...

It is on my wish list too Julia. I know that in your capable hands it will be a beauty.

Andrea said...

I have seen this quilt before and have always loved it. Never knew the pattern had been published in a magazine - could you tell me which one and I will try and track it down. Love your choice of fabrics xx

Andrea said...

I have seen this quilt before and have always loved it. Never knew the pattern had been published in a magazine - could you tell me which one and I will try and track it down. Love your choice of fabrics xx

Caron at Michigan Quilts said...

That's going to be a very pretty quilt! Love it...

Sue said...

I love the Blessings Quilt, it's so you too. Looking forward to hearing the story.

Pokey said...

Oh, that will be so pretty, what a great project ~
:-}pokey

Kathie said...

OH I love this quilt too, have seen it on other blogs its on my someday list to make, thanks for sharing the pattern info with us.
Kathie

Janet said...

Looking gorgeous already Julia. I have that pattern stashed as well. I think the blocks would make for a beautiful surround in a medallion.

Saeed Zia said...

Many people want to See Sport Cars of International and beautiful Sport Racing Cars, The Best and Latest Sport Racing Car HyperSport Car, Sport Vehicles, Most Popular Concept Cars, upcoming racing cars and more strange vehicles with pictures and Information
WorldLatestVehicles.Com

quappwurm said...

Hi! I'm from Germany, and I searched the pattern for the Blessing Quilt for a long time. Now I saw your fantastic variation and I would like to ask where I can gat the pattern ... is there any shop or a download or something??
Best wishes
Christiane