Thursday, February 7

Three Charming Blocks...

Slowly piecing some more Country Charming blocks..

These are so much fun to do, I love picking out the fabrics, never really sure what colours to put with what, but that's half the fun.....playing and auditioning fabrics...
That's where this fabulous idea of Lynn's comes in to play...
Lynn's Country Charmer Block Layout Sheet is just the thing to layout your fabrics, see if they work together, change them if they don't appeal to you, then when your happy with the fabric selections, gently take the layout sheet to your machine and start sewing....you can see exactly how it should be pieced, especially when there's lots of little pieces....I love this idea! 

Not sure about this one, but overall in the quilt, I think it will tie in nicely...

A little bit of purple.....
Hmmm...lets see what the next colour block will be....

Untill next time, happy sewing......♥

Posted by Picasa

7 kind people said..:

Sue said...

WOW! Love you Country Charmer blocks ! You are doing a great job picking your fabrics

Janet O. said...

These are lovely blocks, Julia. I love the fussy cut centers. All of the warm colors are right up my alley, but that purple one talks to me. : )

Donna said...

Your blocks are great. I'm like Janet - the purple one speaks to me.

Lois Evensen said...

They are all lovely. I look forward to seeing the finished project. :)

Lesley said...

I am loving your CC blocks, your fussy cut centers coordinate so well with the fabrics...well done!

Janet said...

I love the block and I agree with you about the layout sheet, that's brilliant.

Lynn said...

Love your blocks highlighted by your fussy cut centers Julia. The purple block gets my vote too! Well done my friend! Don't you feel like you are playing with puzzle pieces when putting them on the layout sheet?