Monday, February 25

Quilting!!!...Spring Harvest..

Well, I'm so glad last week is gone and over with...without going into details, it was the most stressful time with family happenings...

Last night I managed to get some playtime on Susie...
Spring Harvest has been waiting so patiently to get quilted, so I took the plunge and  just quilted.
Now machine quilting is not my favourite part of the process, but I just want to get this finished....
Dear Susie, as wonderful as she is, even she is not going to make me the wonderful free motion quilter I'd love to be... 

....but, as they say.."finished sometimes is better than perfect"..

I'm good at loopy loops, feathers are another thing. I just don't have the time or patience to practice.
The seeds for this quilt were planted last year or the year before..it grew as I designed it row by row each step of the way......now, it's time it was finished and harvested..

Thank you  for popping by, have a great day whatever you have planned.....♥

Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

  1. Sorry you've had a hard week, Julia.
    I spent some time with Gidget last night trying out a new design. Do you have any FMQ DVDs? I have enjoyed Patsy Thompson's instruction via DVD. There is also the Pajama Quilter. They are fun designs that look good without having to be extremely precise.
    But, hey, loopy loops get the job done! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the family are all well. The quilt looks lovely...definately live by the idea that finished is better the perfect, but also that perfection is sometimes an impossible pursuit...trying your best is just as valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful quilt. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quilting is my least favorite part too, but I always try to just get it done so I can move on! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilting is not my most favourite part either :( Your quilt looks beautiful. Hope all is well now. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you and your family are well. Good job on the quilting, nothing wrong with your feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful, very Julia!
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you are doing good with your quilting. Craftsy has some good online classes for quilting, that might help, but practice really is what makes the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you are being hard on yourself Julia because it looks mighty fine to me. Sorry that you have had a bad week. I hope all is well now. Thinking of you with love.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowwww, congrats, it's fantastic!
    Hugs, Emanuela

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful quilt Julia! Hope you have a better week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's beautiful Julia, and better still it's perfect finished. I had a go on the same machine but kids had ruined the tension settings and the shop had trouble getting them back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a pretty scene in the center. What I would call a pastoral print though I am not sure that is correct.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear you've had a difficult week, hope all will be ok!
    Your quilt is really lovely, it looks so English vintage, gorgeous fabrics!! Sometimes you just have to go for it with the quilting, I'm sure it'll turn out better than you think!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry you have had a stressful week. Hope playtime with Suzie helps. She is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥