Monday, February 4

Catching up....

Gosh, a week as gone by already without a post...

Some days life just takes over, and before you know it a week as passed.
Well, I haven't really done much in this passed week.
Just two blocks for my Country Charmer quilt along with Lynn, of Sewn Wild Oaks....you can check her gorgeous quilt by the link on my sidebar...

I was hoping to have more done....perhaps during this week...

I'm still working on my Vintage Dresden quilt border....this is going to take some time, but it's such great fun picking fabrics, seeing what looks good together, so there's no rush. 

Here, you can see how I'm applying the nearly half Dresden's...fiddly work, but I think it will be worth it.

I'm going to applique the half's on around the border, then I go back and carefully unpick the spaces when I need to and tuck the raw ends in and restitch the seam up....phew!
Then I'll work out how I'll do the corners....thinking cap on....nothing like making it hard for myself...oh well it'll keep me out of trouble...

Have a great week, keep busy and stay out of trouble....

Posted by Picasa

16 kind people said..:

beebee said...

pretty blocks

Love the dresden quilt top

hugs
beebee

Donna said...

Your Country Charmer squares are looking good.

Paula Hensley Murphy said...

absolutely beautiful... are you quilting this one by hand? I love your new blocks too, they look complicated.....

Terri D. said...

I agree - absolutely beautiful!

Lurline said...

Late at night, reading in bed - that's better, to hear from you - your work is just so lovely!
Hugs - Lurline.

Lynn said...

Your Dresden quilt is so gorgeous. The border is so unique and will be worth all of your extra work. Your Country Charmer blocks look great too Julia. It is so much fun for me to see other fabric choices.....LOVE THEM!

Janet O. said...

The Country Charmer blocks are great, Julia. That will be a wonderful quilt.
Your dedication to doing that border on your Dresden quilt is going to pay off in a big way. It was already a lovely quilt, but your border elevates it beyond what most of us ever achieve!

Sue said...

Your country charmer quilt blocks look wonderful and I really like your Dresden quilt

Leeanne said...

MMMM there is a whole lot of Dresden loving going on!

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

That is looking so pretty.

Linda

kambing super said...

wow thats good.. nice on eye..

Grit said...

Your work looks so wonderful.
Hugs Grit from Germany

Shirley said...

Looks great Julia. Love the new project too.

Elyte said...

Julia, sometimes I find it very hard to keep up with you, but I like what I see.

Steffi´s Candy Quilts said...

Wow Julia, your Vintage Dresdens look awesome! I like this setting with the half blocks as a border. And the 30s fabrics are just beautiful.

Ned's Place said...

I have been Watching your dresden quilt grow it's looking fabulous, have your thought of doing the nine patch ina square for the border corner, ie- then the full borders would be the de-constructed dresden.