Monday, December 10

Wedding Ring Cushion.....magic!

Working some magic..Love doing this....
Not a very good photo, but I'm working on a wedding ring cushion for my Grand Daughter, whose wedding is in January.
It's a shame that this photo doesn't do it justice....
Working on Ivory silk fabric...I made Ivory organza ribbon roses, which I have sewn on and added the softest palest green silk ribbon leaves. 
Appliqued some pearl and crystal lace motifs.....sprinklings of tiny crystal beads around the heart.
 Stem stitched the hearts and the initials on with a lovely variegated cream thread....then stitched lots of tiny French knots to the initials to make them stand out a bit more.
Now I just need to go shopping for some vintage lace trim to sew around the cushion...oh and add the satin ribbon for the rings...
My DGD's best friend's little 4 year old is going to carry the cushion...so sweet!
 
Hope your working some magic too....♥
 
 

9 kind people said..:

Terri D. said...

Julia, it is absolutely beautiful. I can imagine how gorgeous it is in person! A keepsake your granddaughter will cherish forever!

Maree: said...

Yes it is Beautiful Julia they are a lovely keepsake.
Cheers

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That is such a special and beautiful creation Julia! Your granddaughter is so lucky to have you to make this for her wedding.

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Julia

That really is MAGIC!
Something to be kept forever.

Cheers

Linda

Shirley said...

That little cushion is going to be such a special keepsake. Very beautiful.

Paula Hensley Murphy said...

Beautiful, I wish I could see in it person. I know they will love it!

Vivian said...

This is a perfect union--the romance of a granddaughter's wedding and Grandma Julia's beautiful artistic flare with needle, thread, and fabric. This is exquisite! I think yours is the only blog where I use the word "exquisite," and I've used it more than once.
This is an heirloom, Julia. Just lovely.

Janet O. said...

This is a beautiful piece of work, Julia. What an heirloom that will be. (Oh, I just read Vivian's comment--didn't mean to copy her).
That is so good of you to create this treasure for your granddaughter!

Maple Lane said...

This is absolutely beautiful. My best wishes to your lovely granddaughter. Sending my love to you, Julia.